Graphic Design Intern
Delight Yoga’s studios are situated in the middle of Amsterdam and in The Hague. An oasis and a sanctuary that offers yoga and meditation for everyone. The studios of our yoga school have a relaxed and personal atmosphere, beautiful tearooms and hangout spaces where you can relax before and after classes. The Delight Yoga team is a group of enthusiastic people, connected through yoga. We come from all over the world, and have the love for yoga and the joy of practicing in common. We are an ever-expanding group of yoga practitioners, teachers, filmmakers, designers, writers, travellers and free spirits, who combine the urban life with the ancient teachings of yoga. We are dedicated to our own practice and do our work with joy, compassion and professionalism.
We aim to make the original teachings accessible for everyone and to inspire our students to embrace the Wisdom of Yoga in their life. With our yoga programs we stimulate the practice of meditation, introspection and reflection, quietness and relaxation, self-knowledge and personal growth.
We are looking for an intern that would like to join us at the office of Delight Yoga to support our marketing team and to design material for our three brands: Delight Yoga (our yoga studios), The House of Yoga (our online yoga platform) and The Inner Peace Conference (our conference about wisdom, yoga and meditation).
The design grids are there, but we need someone that can use these grids to create a wide variety of materials ranging from posters to study guides, and from webpages to e-mails. Some more examples of what would need your help with in our day-to-day operations:
- Design posters for in our studios to promote workshops, retreats, trainings and events
- Design folders for partnerships
- Create manuals/booklets/guides for workshops and trainings
- Design webpages to promote offers and partnerships
- Create newsletters and promotional e-mails in Mailchimp
- Create content for our Facebook and Instagram channels.
- Et cetera…
In short, you will be responsible for creating and designing everything that is needed to promote, inform and inspire our students.
For this internship it is important that you are available for at least 6 months and that you are able to work fulltime. We’re open to discuss combining this internship with writing an assignment or doing research.
What do we offer you?
An inspiring workplace with enthusiastic colleagues that all understand the importance of design. You are being granted access to all yoga classes and workshops (upon availability). Independent and creative place to gain work experience in the field marketing, retention and design. Remuneration: € 300,- (based on a fulltime placement). Feeling inspired and motivated? You can send your resumé and a short motivation letter to email@example.com
- As a Graphic Design Intern you are creative, pro-active and enthusiastic to help out with designing everything we need to communicate to our students.
- You know your way around the Adobe Suite (Photoshop, Indesign, Illustrator are used the most).
- You have experience in using existing house styles, grids and templates to create new content
- You are open and not afraid to share your ideas about things that we might forgot about
- You are used to working on different projects at the same time.
- You are able to work independently as well as within a team.
- You are studying in the field of design, communication, business or similar (HBO or University)
- Your level of Dutch and English is proficient, both spoken and written
- You are open minded and interested in spiritual development
- You are at least a little bit familiar with yoga, and/or the yogic lifestyle
The Essentials of Yoga : Pre Teacher Training (50 hrs)
With Katiza Satya & Kevin Sahaj
Starting on 06 April 2019
This training is fully booked! To join the waiting list, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you! This program is designed to prepare you for the experience of the Basic Teacher Training Intensive Retreat. Guided by Satya and Sahaj over a period of 7 days (50 hours), you will get a solid foundation from which to continue your practice in preparation for the Basic Training.
Prenatal Yoga Foundation Training
With Madina Tanekeyeva
Starting on 15 June 2019
We love seeing yoga being recommended by healthcare professionals during pregnancy. This is why you most probably had expectant moms as students in your classes too!
Finding Stillness: Yin Yoga & Mindfulness Training
With Marije Paternotte
Starting on 28 August 2019
A 35-hour Yin Yoga and Mindfulness Meditation Teacher Training. This training is for yoga teachers who wish to offer the yin yoga practice as a doorway into Mindfulness Meditation and Buddhist practices. The training will be offered in the form of a retreat.