Programming Assistant (full-time)
Delight Yoga is looking for a Programming Assistant that can help our Programming Team with getting the most out of our schedule, our locations, and our teachers. It can be a complex puzzle to keep things organised when the team schedules classes (300 per week), special classes, workshops, trainings, retreats across 5 locations, and with around 120 teachers that are part of the Delight Yoga family.
Our goal is to make sure that things are running smoothly in the background, so our students can focus fully on their practice. We are now looking for someone that can help us out with all operational, logistical and administrative to-do's that result from scheduling things at Delight. Can you help us out to stay in control?
About Delight Yoga
Delight Yoga’s 5 studios are situated in the middle of Amsterdam and in The Hague. An oasis and a sanctuary that offers yoga and meditation for everyone. The studios of our yoga school have a relaxed and personal atmosphere, beautiful tearooms and hangout spaces where you can relax before and after classes. The Delight Yoga team is a group of enthusiastic people, connected through yoga. We come from all over the world, and have the love for yoga and the joy of practicing in common. We are dedicated to our own practice and do our work with joy, compassion and professionalism.
Delight Yoga consists of three pillars: Delight Yoga (our 5 yoga studios), The House of Yoga (our online yoga platform), and the Delight Academy (our Yoga and Ayurveda academy). All pillars not only contribute to each other's growth, but also to the growth of our students. Furthermore, there is the Inner Peace Conference, our little sister that is being organised by the same team that is behind Delight Yoga.
About the role
Our new Programming Assistant will be responsible for supporting our Programming Manager (responsible for classes, special classes, workshops and teachers) and our Academy Coordinator | Yoga (responsible for Teacher Trainings, Special Trainings, and retreats) with organising events that are taking place at Delight Yoga and at the Delight Academy.
After the Programming Manager and the Academy Coordinator | Yoga have scheduled their events, it is up to the Programming Assistant to make sure it is actually happening by publishing the events on the website, working with our Marketing Team to get the word out, and by supporting all logistical and practical matters when the event is drawing nearer.
This new role is created to make sure the Programming Manager and the Academy Coordinator | Yoga are relieved from taking care of practical and time-sensitive to-do's, but rather have time to focus on dedicating attention to the teachers, the community, quality levels and new projects.
Responsibilities of the Programming Assistant
- Maintain and schedule events in our booking system
- Edit event descriptions and publish on our website
- Monitor and process event registrations
- Connect with our Marketing Team to prioritise promotions
- Communicate with students and teachers to prepare them for events
- Take care of logistics before, during, and after an event, also for external locations
- Prepare and print manuals and/or certificates
- Scout and review (potential) new teachers together with the Programming Manager
- Process contracts and paperwork for new teachers, and publish them on the website.
- Communicate with our studio hosts to keep them up to speed about events
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant experience; available to work fulltime
- Doer mentality: execute to-do's efficiently and effectively
- Self-standing and proactive: you take initiative yourself, you can deal with a lack of boundaries
- You work organised and structured to stay in control in a dynamic environment
- You are tech-savvy: you see tools and software as opportunities rather than as threats.
- You have business-sense: work together with Marketing to promote and fill up events
- You can write: improve copy and bring consistency in content that you receive from teachers
- You have an eye for detail, but you don’t lose yourself in it (and know how to prioritise)
- You are open minded and familiar with yoga, and/or the yogic lifestyle
- Excellent proficiency in both Dutch and English
- Bonus: you are part of the Delight Yoga community yourself and love what we are doing.
What do we offer you?
An inspiring workplace with enthusiastic colleagues and you are being granted access to all yoga classes and workshops. A competitive salary is offered and is based on previous (work) experience.
How to apply
Feeling inspired and motivated, and you want to help us out? Please send your resumé and a short motivation letter to email@example.com
The Essentials of Yoga : Pre Teacher Training (50 hrs)
With Katiza Satya & Kevin Sahaj
Starting on 06 April 2019
This program is designed to prepare you for the experience of the Basic Teacher Training Intensive Retreat. Guided by Satya and Sahaj over a period of 7 days (50 hours), you will get a solid foundation from which to continue your practice in preparation for the Basic Training.
Prenatal Yoga Foundation Training
With Madina Tanekeyeva
Starting on 15 June 2019
We love seeing yoga being recommended by healthcare professionals during pregnancy. This is why you most probably had expectant moms as students in your classes too!
Finding Stillness: Yin Yoga & Mindfulness Training
With Marije Paternotte
Starting on 28 August 2019
A 35-hour Yin Yoga and Mindfulness Meditation Teacher Training. This training is for yoga teachers who wish to offer the yin yoga practice as a doorway into Mindfulness Meditation and Buddhist practices. The training will be offered in the form of a retreat.