Studio host Amsterdam m/f
Studio host Amsterdam m/f
Delight Yoga is a yoga school with four locations in Amsterdam and one in The Hague. We believe that happy and healthy people will contribute to a peaceful and sustainable world. That’s why we offer yoga and meditation in an authentic, accessible and qualitative way. On a yearly base, we offer more than 6.000 yoga classes in different styles, on all levels.
Our team consists of enthusiastic people who are all connected with each other through their love for yoga.
In the studios, the host has an important role. You are the face of the studio (and thus: the face of Delight Yoga) and the first person of contact for the students.
- Energetically opening and closing the space in your own authentic way in every shift
- Welcoming and guiding students
- Registering students in yoga classes and workshops
- Informing students about all classes, workshops, trainings and products at Delight Yoga. You always keep the students’ needs and possibilities in account when you do this
- Answering incoming calls and processing incoming emails in the info mail
- Potential other administrative tasks (processing memberships, terminations etc.)
- Keeping up with the space (keeping the space clean, taking care of the flowers, keeping up with the shop, giving your love to the Buddha's and Ganesha's with flowers, taking care of the plants etc.)
- As a host you’re the face of Delight Yoga towards the students. You’re a hostess/host by nature and also service, comfort, clear communication and a sense of ease come to you naturally.
- You’re used to being the first person of contact.
- You’re good at prioritizing and are accurate in what you do.
- You know how to anticipate friendly and adequate on the daily questions of our students, about for example the different kinds of yoga styles, yoga classes, reservations, workshop, and other related advice.
- As a host you’re really there to connect with and guide our students.
- You know how to switch between tasks smoothly and have a flexible work attitude.
- You know how to work independently aswel as you are an absolute team player.
- You’re constantly thinking along on how we can improve and how we can work more efficient.
- You are proficient of both Dutch and English language.
- It is an advantage if you are used to working with Mac OSX and if you are familiar with the software system Mindbody.
- And last but not least: you have a love for yoga and meditation, and you would like to deepen your practice.
- And everything you do: you do with awareness, so you'll be able to hold the space.
- It is important that you are willing to work flexible shifts; on the weekends, evenings, but also during holidays, in the early morning and are willing to substitute shifts for others when needed.
- You are available for an average of three shifts.
What we offer you?
We offer you an inspiring work environment with lovely warm and most likely like minded colleagues. Delight is a school of awareness. As we all work from a place of love with a certain level of awareness, it will be clear to you when you are out of allignment. This provides a safe space for you to grow on a spiritual/mental/emotional level. Besides that you have access to all yoga classes and some workshops (depending on availability). We will keep your schedule preferences in mind each month and try to make the best fit for you as possible. All hosts will have the same salary.
Are you inspired and do you recognize yourself in the profile? Then please send your application to email@example.com before the 4th of January. We would love to receive a short motivation, your CV and a recent picture of you.
The Essentials of Yoga : Pre Teacher Training (50 hrs)
With Katiza Satya & Kevin Sahaj
Starting on 06 April 2019
This program is designed to prepare you for the experience of the Basic Teacher Training Intensive Retreat. Guided by Satya and Sahaj over a period of 7 days (50 hours), you will get a solid foundation from which to continue your practice in preparation for the Basic Training.
Prenatal Yoga Foundation Training
With Madina Tanekeyeva
Starting on 15 June 2019
We love seeing yoga being recommended by healthcare professionals during pregnancy. This is why you most probably had expectant moms as students in your classes too!
Finding Stillness: Yin Yoga & Mindfulness Training
With Marije Paternotte
Starting on 28 August 2019
A 35-hour Yin Yoga and Mindfulness Meditation Teacher Training. This training is for yoga teachers who wish to offer the yin yoga practice as a doorway into Mindfulness Meditation and Buddhist practices. The training will be offered in the form of a retreat.