Video Editor Internship
Delight Yoga is a young dynamic organism that offers and creates spaces, programs & content to help people find peace within. We are coming from an agency background, so no wonder we like to create beautiful content too!
And to support us with the creation of this content, we are looking for a Video Editor Intern that is interested in creating content to share life lessons and spiritual practices with people. You will be supporting our marketing team building our brands: Delight Yoga (our 5 yoga studios), The House of Yoga (our online yoga platform), The Inner Peace Conference (our conference about wisdom, yoga, and meditation), and the Delight Academy (our Yoga and Ayurveda academy). Building brands to us is being at service, inspiring people to go within, and beyond.
About Delight Yoga
Delight Yoga’s studios are situated in the middle of Amsterdam and in The Hague. An oasis and a sanctuary that offers yoga and meditation for everyone. The studios of our yoga school have a relaxed and personal atmosphere, beautiful tearooms and hangout spaces where you can relax before and after classes. The Delight Yoga team is a group of enthusiastic people, connected through yoga. We come from all over the world, and have the love for yoga and the joy of practicing in common. We are dedicated to our own practice and do our work with joy, compassion and professionalism.
About the role
As our Video Editor Intern you will be responsible for creating interesting and creative content in a smooth and proactive manner. You will be spotting footage related to inner peace, think of wisdom from yoga teachers, rituals, meditation practices, breathing practices, etc and will be asked to think creatively together with the marketing team on what video formats could be made and work out for our community. You will independently edit videos and coming with conceptual ideas.
We are looking for someone that is available 4 or 5 days per week, for a 6-month period. We’re open to discuss combining this internship with writing an assignment or doing research at/for Delight Yoga.
Responsibilities of the Video Direction and Editor Intern
- Pre-production - organize footage for edits, spotting interviews and practice videos
- Content creation - helping with creating storyboards and brainstorm about new video formats based on the footage
- Editing - Edit all kinds of video projects and prepare videos for audio mix
- Post-production - managing the post-production
- Researching - Looking for visual material that fits our brands
- Monitoring video content - getting a feeling of what people like and what not
- Office tasks - Archiving and media management of footage
- You are creative, proactive and enthusiastic about supporting our marketing team
- You are open-minded and interested in spiritual development
- You have experience with editing and like video direction
- You know your way around the Adobe Suite (Photoshop, Indesign, Illustrator).
- You are used to working on different projects at the same time.
- You are able to work both self-standing and with a team.
- You are studying in the field of editor or video direction or took classes in this field (HBO or University)
- You are (a little bit) familiar with yoga, and/or the yogic lifestyle
What do we offer you?
An inspiring workplace with enthusiastic colleagues, working on a new content strategy, and you are being granted access to all yoga classes and workshops. An Independent and creative place to gain work experience in the field of marketing, creating video formats and editing. Remuneration: € 350,- (based on a full-time placement). We’re open to discuss combining this internship with writing an assignment or doing research at/for Delight Yoga.
How to apply
Feeling inspired and motivated, and you want to help us out? Please send your resumé and a short motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Essentials of Yoga : Pre Teacher Training (50 hrs)
With Katiza Satya & Kevin Sahaj
Starting on 06 April 2019
This training is fully booked! To join the waiting list, please send an e-mail to email@example.com. Thank you! This program is designed to prepare you for the experience of the Basic Teacher Training Intensive Retreat. Guided by Satya and Sahaj over a period of 7 days (50 hours), you will get a solid foundation from which to continue your practice in preparation for the Basic Training.
Prenatal Yoga Foundation Training
With Madina Tanekeyeva
Starting on 15 June 2019
We love seeing yoga being recommended by healthcare professionals during pregnancy. This is why you most probably had expectant moms as students in your classes too!
Finding Stillness: Yin Yoga & Mindfulness Training
With Marije Paternotte
Starting on 28 August 2019
A 35-hour Yin Yoga and Mindfulness Meditation Teacher Training. This training is for yoga teachers who wish to offer the yin yoga practice as a doorway into Mindfulness Meditation and Buddhist practices. The training will be offered in the form of a retreat.