Listen to your inner teacher
Basic Teacher Training
200 hrs Intensive Retreat in Portugal: 5 - 26 July 2019
What we require from you
- To have practiced yoga steadily for a minimum of 1 year with a teacher and have a regular and consistent self practice (at least 3 times a week) in any hatha-based style of yoga (astanga, vinyasa, hatha).
- To know by heart and to be able to practice the Primary Series of the Astanga Vinyasa Yoga system according to your capacity with modifications if necessary.
- A motivational letter explaining in which you tell us more about yourself and your motivation to take part in this training.
- A recommendation letter by your main teacher.
- After your application has been received and reviewed, we may invite you to come to Delight Yoga to meet one of the faculty teachers and to further discuss your participation in the program.
- Submission of preparation homework prior to the start of the retreat.
If you are applying from abroad and you are not able to come to a class in Amsterdam, we will arrange a Skype call with you as necessary.
Homework will be sent to you in preparation of this training. Once you have been accepted in the program, you will receive a complete list of books to read and assignments to complete and submit prior to the start of the training. You will also be asked to journal about your personal practice. Please allow for a minimum of 1 month (ideally 3) to complete your preparation homework at a relaxed pace.
Depending on your level of experience with yoga and the Astanga method, we strongly recommend you to participate in the Pre-Teacher Training (Essentials of Yoga Training) to prepare for this intensive training. The Pre-Teacher is guided by Satya & Sahaj in Amsterdam and offered twice a year.
About the Pre-Teacher Training (Essentials of Yoga Training)
The Essentials of Yoga Training is designed to prepare you for the experience of the Basic Teacher Training Intensive Retreat. Guided by Satya and Sahaj in Amsterdam over a period of 7 days, our Pre-Teacher Training offers a solid foundation from which to embark on this journey of yoga and continue your practice over the coming months.
Highly recommended to anyone interested in the Basic Teacher Training, this program is offered 2 times a year. You can find complete information about the upcoming Pre-Teacher Training here, together with the registration link.
The data in 2019 are:
- 6-7 & 10-14 April 2019
- 17-20 & 24-26 April 2019
- 16-17 & 20-24 November 2019
If you wish to apply for the Basic Teacher Training and have already done a yoga Teacher Training before or have practiced regularly for longer than 1 year, or if you think you don’t need to follow the Pre-Teacher Training, please send an email to email@example.com motivating your request and asking for an interview with one of the teachers.
A note on Health & Wellbeing
Our Teacher Trainings have an intensive schedule and curriculum that is physically, mentally, and emotionally demanding. To best support you in this training we would like to know if any of the following applies to you at this moment, so that we can advise you accordingly in preparation to the program:
- physical, mental or emotional issues
- (serious) injury
- currently under medical treatment or taking medications
- currently suffering from depression or burnout