Theme of the Month: Feel
At the end of 2021, we asked our students to share their intentions, questions, and needs for the upcoming year with us. Out of these intentions, we shaped 12 themes to guide our community throughout 2022. Each month, a member of the Delight community will share their thoughts on this theme from the heart. We invite you to join our special classses Monthly Satsang and Ayurveda Sangha for more inspiration, connection, and spiritual direction.
Please enjoy this month's theme, 'Feel', written by Chantal Soeters.
Join Our Balance Your Kapha Program
We have created an 8-week experience full of Ayurvedic & Yogic wisdom to support our members in balancing their health and living a yogic lifestyle during Kapha season.
Why Balance Your Kapha?
Fatigue, lack of motivation, congestion, depression, and a heaviness in the mind and body - all of these are symptoms of excess Kapha, and all of these can be difficult to balance in late winter/early spring (or ‘Kapha season’ in Ayurveda). After our winter hibernation, it is important to reawaken to life during spring, and our program will gently support you along the way.
Learn how to:
✓ Balance your health throughout the spring season ✓ Practice Yoga Asana to balance your energy ✓ Start your day with a Kapha-balancing morning routine ✓ Improve your sleep with an evening routine ✓ Eat well using Ayurvedic Recipes ✓ and much more…
In this program, we will guide you along a path toward lightness and brightness. We will provide you with self-care tips and tools to balance your Kapha Dosha, and you will learn how to integrate Ayurvedic and yogic wisdom into your daily life so you feel optimistic, motivated, and inspired in heart, body, and mind.
###How can you sign up? Become a member and receive access to our Ayurveda Membership program: Balance Your Kapha! You will receive an email after your purchase inviting you to start the program.
Already a member? You should have already received an email inviting you to start the program.
Haven't received anything? Please contact Community Care at firstname.lastname@example.org!
##Workshops this Month
Clear Your Head: Massage Workshop with Ombretta Dettori 2 April 2022
Connection Circle: Women's Circle with Anaisa Seneda 3 April 2022
Ayurvedic Yoga Workshop with Victoria Raven Hyndman 22 April 2022
Ayurveda Practitioner Studies - Open Day - Free with Coen van der Kroon & Martine van Beusekom 29 April 2022
####Den Haag Clear Your Head: Massage Workshop with Amanda Dries 17 April 2022
####Online Sva Dharma Family Gathering with Satya Katiza & Kevin Sahaj 7 April 2022
Meeting The Heart: a 3-Day Program with Satya Katiza & Kevin Sahaj Starting 15 April 2022
Spring Healing Yoga with Kevin Sahaj Starting 30 April 2022
Yin Yoga Teacher Training with Anat Geiger & Marcel van de Vis Heil Starting 11 April 2022
All Delight Yoga locations
- We have a new spring schedule! Read our blog here to find an overview of all the changes you can expect in April.
- We'd like to welcome three new regular teachers to our Delight family! Manda, Cecilia, and Carolina - we look forward to your continued classes at our studios.
- Our new morning classes at Weteringschans and Prinseneiland will help you start your day feeling energized and balanced. We will offer a variety of yoga classes between 8:30 and 12:00 for you to choose from.
- You can find new classes like Qigong, Conscious Breathing, and Conscious Movement on our schedule as part of your membership.
- Great news! Teachers that weren’t teaching due to Corona measures are back in our studios again.
Delight Yoga Weteringschans Amsterdam
- Based on the feedback we received from our recent surveys, we have rescheduled some of our afternoon classes! You are more than welcome to join an after-work yoga class at 17:00 or 18:30 on Mondays & Tuesdays.
- Lotte Ritzer will return to teach on Wednesdays and Thursdays. Please check our schedule for more details! Our dear host Andrea will sadly leave our team as of April. We wish you love and wisdom on your journey and hope to see you around in our studios!
- Since 22 March, Marjolein has been teaching a Restorative class on Tuesdays from 12:00 - 13:15.
- Since 24 March, Sjoerd has been teaching a Healing Yoga class on Thursdays from 10:00 - 11:00.
- As of 4 April, Sjoerd will be teaching a Conscious Breathing class on Mondays from 10:00 - 11:00! Feel free to join his 11:15 healing yoga class right afterward for a good start your week.
- As of 5 April, Moena will be teaching a Vinyasa class on Tuesdays from 17:00 - 18:15.
- As of 6 April, Marjolein will be teaching a Restorative class on Wednesdays.
- As of 8 April, Moena will be teaching a Vinyasa & Nidra class on Thursdays from 10:00 - 11:30.
Delight Yoga De Clercqstraat Amsterdam
- Since 24 March, Nancy has switched her Saturday classes at DC: 12:30 - 13:45 Restorative class 14:15 - 15:30 Hatha class
Delight Yoga Nieuwe Achtergracht Amsterdam
- Our dear host Mireille is leaving our team this month. You will remain in our hearts and we hope that you stay with us as a student. Be well!
- We sadly say goodbye to our dear host Jan, one of our familiar faces behind the front desk. Jan is taking on a new adventure - an 888-kilometer walk to raise funds for a rehabilitation center. We will miss you as a shining star in the studio and we wish you all the love on your journey!
- Daphne’s Ashtanga Led (All Levels) class on Sundays at 9:00 will now be permanently guided by Lidewij.
Delight Yoga Prinseneiland Amsterdam
- Hooray! The toilet, sink, and shower in the men’s dressing room are working again.
- As of 8 April, our sweet host Johanna will begin her next project: an internship in Germany. We hope to welcome her back in the summer!
- Alejandra will be back again in April, teaching Hatha on Thursday mornings at 10:00.
- As of 1 April, Liisa’s Yin class on Tuesdays and Vinyasa class on Wednesdays (both from 20:00 - 21:30) will be 15 minutes shorter, finishing at 21:15.
Delight Yoga Den Haag
- As you know, we are currently working hard on fixing our plumbing issues. We will keep you updated in the studio and via email.
- As of 6 April, Roos Neeter will be teaching a Vinyasa class on Wednesdays from 7:00 - 8:00