Ayurvedic Yoga Massage (AYM) is a method developed by Master Kusum Modak in Pune, India, after many years of studying traditional Ayurvedic massage and Iyengar yoga.
It is well-round body work technique that has his foundation in:
- deep tissue techniques with both hands and feet for each body parts
- balancing oils and powders
- assisted yoga stretches
- use of props to offer the massage
- functional anatomy and breathwork
The technique is performed on the floor as this allows for a wide range of stretching and mobility, without the assist of a massage table.
The AYM is an amazing technique which works on physical, emotional, mental and energetic levels: the deep tissue massage helps to remove knots and adhesions in the muscles, releases tension and prepares the body of the receiver for assisted yoga stretching. Through synchronized breathwork, the receiver is led progressively deeper into assisted yoga postures that help correct postural imbalances and restore harmony to the body.
What will you learn?
- The basic technique, the flow for the front and the back of the body and a few assisted stretches.
- How to use your body weight as well as different parts of our body to offer pressure: this will ensure you to work in a gentle way, without creating unnecessary pain sensations for the receiver and without stressing any of your joints or muscle groups.
- Introduction to body dynamics and different positions: so that offering a massage can be a healing experience for the giver too, not just for the receiver
- Several deep tissue techniques for different body parts and group muscles
- Basic oils according to the Ayurvedic tradition
- Giver/receiver body mechanic and self-care will be taught throughout
- Basic functional anatomy and contraindications will be taught for each technique
During the Introduction to AYM we lay down the basis of the work on the back and front of the body; you will learn a complete set of techniques and a few assisted stretches.
The focus is on how to perform a basic deep tissue technique for the back, shoulders & arms, back of the legs when your partner is face down/prone. Then we will move to the basic flow for the front of the legs, abdomen, shoulders, arms, hands and feet and head.
Basic theory on Ayurveda with direct practical implications on oils, touch and direction will be covered.
How will you learn?
The approach is hands on and partner based: you will receive a lot of attention one to one from the teachers that will demonstrate each set of technique in detail and they will be available for questions and to support you directly and hands on.
You will be working with your partner practicing on them each set of technique: you will benefit from the feedback received.
One of the best ways of learning is by transmission: this is what creates the embodied and deeper experience from which you will be able to share touch with awareness.
Students will receive an Introduction to Ayurveda Yoga Massage Certificate of Attendance issued by Delight Yoga.
The Introduction to the AYM doesn’t require a previous knowledge of Massage Techniques, Ayurveda or Yoga; the technique will be presented in a way that makes it is accessible to anyone that is interested in either deepening his own relationship with touch, or in sharing the full massage or parts of it with friends, partners and/or family members.
Teacher: Ombretta Dettori & Eva Ugolini
Location: Amsterdam, Delight Yoga Weteringschans
10 February 2023
11 February 2023
12 February 2023
Time: 9:00 - 17:30
Price: € 350
Please contact Ombretta (email@example.com) for any questions you may have about this program and your participation, we will be happy to address any of them. If you have any enquiry of administrative nature, please contact us directly firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are ready to register you can complete the process by using the “book now” button below and proceed with the full payment.