Safety measures at Delight Yoga
To keep our spaces and community safe, we kindly ask you all to follow our guidelines. We’re in this together.
Stay home if you have any of the following symptoms
Cold symptoms, coughing, shortness of breath, elevated temperature or a fever, sudden loss of taste and smell.
Bring your own mat + covers
Please bring your own mat and a towel/pillowcase/scarf to cover our props with. If you wish to use our water and tea to go, please bring your own (thermos) bottle. In case there is no other option, you can borrow one of our mats.
In case you would like to use our props, bring a pillowcase or towel to protect the surface. We ask that you bring your own blanket to the studios.
Arrive/leave within 10 minutes
Come in maximum 10 minutes before the class starts (not earlier), and please leave right after class ends, with some tea to go, so we avoid having too many people in the studio.
Wear a mask
You are obliged to wear a mask in the reception area and dressing rooms before and after your yoga class. Once you are on your yoga mat, you can take it off.
Keep 1.5 meter distance
Keep track of the marks on the floor, use the designated spots in the shala to place your mat.
Disinfect your hands upon entry
Make sure to disinfect your hands with the provided gel or wash your hands with soap for at least 20 seconds first thing after checking in at the counter.
Be kind & spread love
We’re happy to see you all again in the studios, however, we will miss the hugs and connecting over a cup of tea. Let’s focus on the little things we do have that keep us connected.
Massage & Consultation Protocol
We will make sure you enter a relaxed and safe environment. To make sure the studio is a tranquil and safe environment for everyone, we will apply the following guidelines, based on RIVM measures.
Basic safety measures
- We kindly ask you to wash your hands or use the hand sanitiser that we provide in the studio.
- Be aware and respectful of the 1.5-meter social distance: the only exception is during the massage.
- Our studios have markers on the floor that provide everyone with enough space to maintain the 1.5-meter distance.
- From the 1st of December 2020, wearing a mask is compulsory inside public spaces and Delight Yoga complies with this rule: wear your mask from the moment you access the building until the moment you leave, including during the massage.
- Please come alone to your appointment. (If you are a breastfeeding mom during postpartum and you cannot find a different arrangement, please discuss this in advance with your therapist/practitioner)
- Any physical contact that is not necessary for the massages is avoided. We are happy to greet you with the ‘Namasté’ gesture.
Before your appointment
We kindly ask you to stay home in one of the following cases:
- If you have any symptoms (e.g., fever, respiratory complaints such as coughing, difficulty breathing, nasal cold, runny nose, sneezing, sore throat, light cough, slight temperature).
- If you have family members/roommates with a fever and/or respiratory complaints.
- If you’ve been in contact with people with Covid-19 in the past 5 days.
Please contact us by phone in case this applies to your situation. We are happy to reschedule your appointment.
- Our Studio host and/or practitioner will be present to welcome you and guide you. Please follow their instructions.
- Arrive no more than 5 minutes prior to your scheduled appointment.
- The Studio host or the practitioner will ask you to wash your hands or use the provided hand sanitiser.
- The Studio host or the practitioner will ask you several questions to perform the health check.
- Our changing rooms are open for you to leave all your belongings.
- If you have an appointment to receive a massage, bring 3 to 4 clean towels. If you get cold easily, please also bring a blanket.
- Our massage therapist will prepare the table with the towels you brought.
- If for any reason you need to keep your mobile with you, please inform the therapist/practitioner and keep it on mute.
During your consultation or treatment
- Both the practitioner and yourself wear a clean face mask during the massage.
- If you have an Ayurvedic consultation, be aware that tongue diagnosis will not be performed.
- The practitioner sanitizes their hands before starting the massage and at any time it is needed during the session.
- In case a facial massage is part of your treatment, you may remove your face mask for that part of the massage.
- Massage techniques that require you and the therapist to be in close proximity, such as a head massage, are kept to a minimum.
- The practitioner will ask you upfront if you are comfortable with a facial/head massage. If you do not feel comfortable, the therapist will avoid massaging your head or face.
- After your massage, the therapist folds your towels and puts them all back into your bag.
- We clean the surfaces outside the massage room with a medical-grade disinfectant.
- We clean the surfaces inside the massage room with a medical-grade disinfectant in between every massage.
- At the end of the day, the studio receives a deep and thorough cleanse.
- In between massages or consultations, we open windows and doors to allow fresh air flow.
- We plan our bookings mindfully so we have adequate time to clean between appointments and minimize interaction with other clients.