Gegeven door onze ervaren internationale leraren.
Astanga Yoga: Practice Foundation Course
Begint op 19 September 2021 Go to schedule
This workshop has taken place already, please visit our Workshop Page for a more recent offering of workshops and trainings.
Would you like to broaden your understanding of Astanga Yoga or would you like to establish a regular practice? Get confident with the main aspects of the Astanga Yoga system: Breath, Bandhas, Drishti, and Vinyasa, and get a solid base from which you can continue your self-practice. This practice foundation course will give you a chance to deepen this practice with some of our most dedicated teachers.
What you will learn:
The Practice Foundation Course is a concise but intensive course in the Primary Series of the Astanga Yoga system, covering the following aspects:
- Yoga Philosophy
Upon completion of this course, you will:
- Be familiar with the Astanga Yoga system
- Understand the intention behind this Yoga Sadhana (practice)
- Know the sequence of postures of the Primary Series and their names
- Be able to modify these asanas where necessary
- Feel confident and rooted in the main aspects of this practice: Breath, Bandhas, Drishti and Vinyasa
- Be familiar with the transitions and the so-called vinyasa system
- Learn practices to regulate your breathing
- Understand the philosophical context of Astanga Yoga and the Eight Limbs of Patanjalis Yoga Sutras
The Practice Foundation Course is a unique and intensive program that demands dedication from the students. Spread over a period of a few weeks and consisting of 5 full days (on Sundays), you will be taken step-by-step through the sequence of Primary Series, building up the practice progressively and having taken the time to explore each pose, with its own vinyasas and possible modifications. Special attention will be dedicated throughout the course to the fundamental elements of this practice - ujjayi breath, the 3 main bandhas, the concentration aspect, and the vinyasa method. You will get an experiential understanding of how these elements flow together and interact with each other in this very unique Astanga way.
You will be invited to practice at home or in the shala in between the days of this course, so you will have the time to build your self-practice and to integrate the understanding of the new postures. You will work with 2 different Astanga teachers, so you will hear from their experience how unique this journey can be and understand how different this approach to Astanga can sometimes be. The teachers will also bring in more of the bigger picture of yoga, its philosophical roots, and its living applications, bringing forth the direct experience of parampara – the knowledge that is passed on in succession from teacher to student.
Upon completion of this program, you will be familiar with the Astanga Vinyasa Yoga system and able to apply it to your life, you will understand the intention behind this Yoga Sadhana (practice), and you will have a solid foundation to intelligently apply to your practice, whether alone at home, in led classes, or in a Mysore program.
This course will provide you with a safe and solid base from which to continue your self-practice, having developed trust in the wisdom of this potent and healing yoga system. It is recommended to all yoga students wanting to dive deeper into this profound, powerful, and transforming Yoga Sadhana.
The total cost is € 350,-, which includes 9% BTW (VAT) and the course material.
You can register by clicking on the “Book” link below. Full payment is required at time of registration.
Please make sure you meet the below requirements before registering for this course. If in doubt, please contact us via email with your questions or concerns.
- Minimum 3 months of regular Astanga Vinyasa Yoga classes (either led or Mysore) participation to all 5 days of the program.
- You will be asked to practice at least 3 times a week (ideally, every day) throughout the duration of the course; make sure you create enough time for your practice.
- Understanding of English (all teachings and the course material are in English).
In preparation for this course, we also ask you to:
- Watch the Primary Series video of "Guruji & the 6 Students" (no practice, just watching in full)
- Read the article on the origin of Astanga Yoga "Krishnamacharya's Legacy" establish a solid foundation of Surya Namaskara A & B by watching this tutorial from our friend Govinda Kai on the House of Yoga.
Please note that this course is not suitable for complete beginners - we ask you to have taken Astanga Yoga classes regularly for at least 3 months before joining the Practice Foundation Course.
FALL (Lidewij & Claudia)
- 19 September - Lidewij
- 26 September - Claudia
- 10 October - Lidewij
- 24 October - Lidewij
- 7 November - Claudia
Je kunt je inschrijven voor deze workshop door te betalen met iDeal, Credit Card of PayPal via bovenstaande ‘Boek’ link. Volledige betaling is vereist om je plek te reserveren. Je inschrijving is bevestigd wanneer de betaling compleet is.
Krijg je je inschrijfgeld terug als je je deelname aan een workshop onverhoopt moet annuleren? Lees artikel 14 ‘Annulering Deelname Workshop’ van onze Algemene Voorwaarden om precies te weten waar je aan toe bent.
Over Claudia Pradella & Lidewij Severins
About Claudia Pradella Originally from Italy, Claudia moved to London after college when she was in her mid 20's and incidentally started her yoga journey there. Her therapist said "do some yoga, it will be good for you", and so she did. This was 20 years ago.
A note on Wellbeing - Creating a safe and sacred space
We wish to create a safe and sacred space to study, practice and grow for everyone. Please take care of your own health and wellbeing while participating in classes, workshops and, trainings offered by Delight Yoga. If you're currently having any physical, emotional or mental issues, or prefer no hands-on adjustments, please make sure to discuss this with the teacher up front.