Gegeven door onze ervaren internationale leraren.
Balancing Movement & Stillness: Yin Yang Yoga Training
Begint op 16 April 2019 Go to schedule
This workshop has taken place already, please visit our Workshop Page for a more recent offering of workshops and trainings.
A 35-hour Yin Yang Yoga Teacher Training.
With a foundational understanding of the physical aspects of the Yin Yoga practice, in this training we will delve into the energetic effects of it. In order to find and maintain all aspects of proper balance in the body, enhance your physical strength, and connect with your inner wisdom, we will explore the power of the Hara. It is through connection with the Hara (the lower abdominal region) that you will find quiet, peace and calm in your physical postures, as well as in your mind. Moving from this seat of awareness will lead to a more harmonious and fulfilling life.
Through practicing both calming (Yin) and strengthening (Yang) poses, breathing exercises, and mindful contemplation, you will learn to connect with the more subtle aspects of your own being. You will also develop a deep and balanced self-practice from which you will be able to teach with authenticity.
During this training, you will:
- explore movement (Yang) and stillness (Yin), breath and sound practices, which will elicit a wholesome expression of Chi in the body, fostering vitality and overall well-being;
- learn Yin yoga sequences for organ and meridian health, and management of emotions and specific mind states;
- explore the power of the Hara, and how to practice with it;
- use study of the fascial lines and sacred geometry in the body to establish more informed and efficient movement patterns;
- develop self-observation without judgment through writing, conscious communication, and meditation practices.
- investigate the Five Hindrances and how they affect you, leading to greater self-awareness and personal growth;
- practice how to teach the inner methods of the Yin yoga practice.
After this training you will:
- have an understanding of how to safely, effectively, and intelligently combine Yin and Yang poses in a yoga class;
- be able to offer your students insight in how specific Yin yoga poses affect specific organs, emotions and mind states;
- have tools to guide your students into an experience of their energetic body;
- know practical and energetic practices to maintain a healthy Hara;
- have greater awareness and understanding of your own inner world, leading to a more relaxed state of being.
This teacher training is for yoga teachers who have previously completed a basic teacher training in any yoga tradition, and have a minimum of 2 years experience practicing Yin Yoga. Are you not a yoga teacher, but do you have at least 2 years experience practicing Yin Yoga and do you strongly feel that you would like to join this training? Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org motivating your request.
Dates and times
April 16 – 20, 2019
9:30 – 18:00 (with an hour lunch break)
Required reading and assignments
Unhindered, Gil Fronsdal
Insight Yoga, Sarah Powers
The Art and the Way of Hara, Seigen Yamaoka (free e-book provided after registration)
In addition to the 35 contact hours, students will be given a post-program writing assignment to be completed at home.
This program is eligible for 35 hours of Yoga Alliance CE-credits.
Please note: registration closes 14 days prior to workshop start date. In case of any questions or last minute sign ups, please contact email@example.com.
Je kunt je inschrijven voor deze workshop door te betalen met iDeal, Credit Card of PayPal via bovenstaande ‘Boek’ link. Volledige betaling is vereist om je plek te reserveren. Je inschrijving is bevestigd wanneer de betaling compleet is.
Krijg je je inschrijfgeld terug als je je deelname aan een workshop onverhoopt moet annuleren? Lees artikel 14 ‘Annulering Deelname Workshop’ van onze Algemene Voorwaarden om precies te weten waar je aan toe bent.
Over Marije Paternotte
Marije E. Paternotte (E-RYT, RYT-500) is geboren en getogen in Amsterdam, waar ze rechten studeerde en heeft gewerkt als advocaat. Na een yoga retreat op Bali bracht het leven haar naar de VS waar ze haar yoga teacher trainingen heeft gevolgd. Ze woont samen met haar man in een klein stadje aan de kust van New Jersey, waar ze yogales geeft.