Gegeven door onze ervaren internationale leraren.
Restorative Yoga Training (35-hour)
Begint op 19 September 2021 Go to schedule
This workshop has taken place already, please visit our Workshop Page for a more recent offering of workshops and trainings.
A 35-hour Relax and Restore Intensive Yoga Training
To ‘rest’, to ‘relax’ and to ‘restore’ is a natural vital process in our lives. Rest supports optimal physiological functioning and promotes healing and growth. During rest, one’s autonomic nervous system switches from sympathetic-dominance to parasympathetic-dominance, regeneration, and restoration is accelerated. Research has shown that relaxation and rest are essential to everyone of all ages and cultures, size and shape.
Deep rest is a precursor to meditation and stillness.' - Adelene Cheong
Why do we practice Restorative Yoga?
- To support health and vitality, an antidote to stress
- To replenish moments of depletion and fatigue at every level
- To live with capacity for greater awareness and equanimity
- To offer the best version of ourselves to the world
Come and learn the science and art of Restorative Yoga; the skills to practise active relaxation. This immersion supports ample space and time for learning, reflection and integration. Whether your intention is to deepen personal understanding of restorative practices, or to offer it to family/friends, or to teach and share this healing practice, there will be comprehensive coverage of both the theoretical and practical application of Restorative Yoga.
This comprehensive immersion offers 35 hours of study and practice of:
- Physiology of relaxation, and the Autonomic Nervous System
- Continuum of consciousness
- Relaxation skills / tools
- Sensory & somatic intelligence
- Sequencing a practice
- Variations to adapt and modify, creative use of props
- Teaching skills and ethics
- Adjustments and touch
- Group vs One-to-One
- Five Kosha (Physical, Energetic, Emotional, Mental, Pure Being)
- The process of reflection and integration
Dates and Times
- 27 - 31 August 2021
Each day, we will begin at 09:30 and end at 17:45, and in-between we will have a 75-minute lunch break.
Recommended Reading and Assignments
- Judith H. Lasater (2011) ‘Relax and Renew’.
- Judith H. Lasater (2017) ‘Restore and Rebalance’.
- Video resource: Relax and Restore Series 1 by Adelene Cheong (2017)
This training qualifies for CPD with Yoga Alliance CEP (US) and YAP (UK).
OPTIONAL: Post-Training Support & Level 1 Teacher Certification (10 non-contact hours. Additional fee applies).
- Completion of ALL 35 contact hours of training. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- Project: Three case studies on teaching one-to-one Restorative yoga, and four questions for reflection.
- Option for private online Skype sessions with Adelene at a 50% discount for 6 months from training date, for continuous support.
- Option to observe/assist Adelene on classes and events.
- Option for lifetime listing on www.restorativeyogateachers.com directory, which is a widely promoted site by Judith Hanson Lasater and Adelene Cheong for this work.
Je kunt je inschrijven voor deze workshop door te betalen met iDeal, Credit Card of PayPal via bovenstaande ‘Boek’ link. Volledige betaling is vereist om je plek te reserveren. Je inschrijving is bevestigd wanneer de betaling compleet is.
Krijg je je inschrijfgeld terug als je je deelname aan een workshop onverhoopt moet annuleren? Lees artikel 14 ‘Annulering Deelname Workshop’ van onze Algemene Voorwaarden om precies te weten waar je aan toe bent.
A note on Wellbeing - Creating a safe and sacred space
We wish to create a safe and sacred space to study, practice and grow for everyone. Please take care of your own health and wellbeing while participating in classes, workshops and, trainings offered by Delight Yoga. If you're currently having any physical, emotional or mental issues, or prefer no hands-on adjustments, please make sure to discuss this with the teacher up front.