Gegeven door onze ervaren internationale leraren.
The Essentials of Yoga : Pre Teacher Training (50 hrs)
Begint op 16 November 2019 Go to schedule
This workshop has taken place already, please visit our Workshop Page for a more recent offering of workshops and trainings.
This program is designed to prepare you for the experience of the Basic Teacher Training (200 hrs), but can also be followed individually if you want to establish your own self-practice. Guided by Satya and Sahaj over a period of 7 days (50 hours), you will get a solid foundation from which to continue your yogic path.
Katiza Satya and Kevin Sahaj practiced for many years under the guidance of Sri K. Pattabhi Jois and have both been teaching yoga for over 20 years each. They also share a deep knowledge of the Tibetan and Tantric teachings.
The course is offered two times annually in Amsterdam. These are the upcoming dates:
Each day will be from 9:30 to 17:30 with an hour lunch break.
Here are some some reasons why you would take this journey of yoga starting with the Essentials of Yoga program:
- Love your Body. This is your home base. You will intimately get to know your body in a friendly way and accept and love your "earth suit".
- Embrace life itself. You will develop intimacy with your breath, the source of life energy.
- You will learn that Yoga in essence is a mind training. You will receive the tools to enter your natural state of mind, which is Freedom and Peace.
- You will develop the openness to enter wisdom and trust it fully. This will become your true navigation system in all aspects of your life.
- You will experience Sangha, the community of equal-minded beings sharing Truth, being and growing together and sharing with each other from a place of presence.
- You will finally understand what the wise beings of the past were trying to tell us, that the wisdom of creation is right now here in us.
- You will be given tools and methods to be in touch with your true ground and walk in the world with confidence.
In a practical way, you will learn and become familiar with the Primary Series of the Astanga Vinyasa Yoga system:
- Authentic method, principles and practice as taught to us personally by Sri K. Pattabhi Jois in Mysore, India.
- Modifications of asanas for different bodies.
- The fundamentals of the Eight Limbs of Patanjalis Yoga Sutras and its application in ordinary life.
- Understand the intention behind Yoga Sadhana (practice) as a path to awakening.
- Become familiar with all the postures in the Primary Series and be able to intelligently modify these asanas in your own practice where necessary according to your body and needs.
- Feel confident and rooted in the three main aspects of this practice: Breath, Bandhas and Drishti
Please make sure you meet the below requirements before registering for this course. If in doubt, please contact us via email with your questions or concerns.
- min. 3 months of regular yoga practice (Astanga, vinyasa, hatha recommended)
- participation to all 7 days of the program
- understanding of English (all teachings and the course material are in English)
If you are new to the Astanga Vinyasa system of yoga, we would recommend you to use the following tutorial from our friend Govinda Kai to establish a solid foundation of Surya Namaskara A & B. Click here to go to the House of Yoga for this (free) video.
Health & Wellbeing
This Pre Teacher Training has an intensive schedule and curriculum that is physically, mentally, and emotionally demanding. To best support you in this training, it is important for us to know if any of the below applies to you at this moment:
- physical, mental or emotional issues
- serious injury
- currently under medical treatment or taking medications for physical or mental conditions
- currently suffering from depression or burnout or any other mental health issue
If any of the above applies to you, please contact us before registering. The information you provide is confidential and will not be shared with others.
Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org should you like any further advise about this program before registering.
This program will form the necassary foundation if you want to apply for the Basic Teacher Training (200hrs). If you are ready to register, please use the link below.
Je kunt je inschrijven voor deze workshop door te betalen met iDeal, Credit Card of PayPal via bovenstaande ‘Boek’ link. Volledige betaling is vereist om je plek te reserveren. Je inschrijving is bevestigd wanneer de betaling compleet is.
Krijg je je inschrijfgeld terug als je je deelname aan een workshop onverhoopt moet annuleren? Lees artikel 14 ‘Annulering Deelname Workshop’ van onze Algemene Voorwaarden om precies te weten waar je aan toe bent.
Over Katiza Satya & Kevin Sahaj
Katiza Satya Katiza Satya is a yogini in heart and soul. She is An experienced Registered Yoga Teacher with Yoga Alliance (ERYT500-RYT 500) and licensed to certify students at the 200 & 500 hour levels.
A note on Wellbeing
Please take care of your own health and wellbeing while participating in classes, workshops and trainings offered by Delight Yoga. If you're currently having any physical, emotional or mental issues, or prefer no hands-on adjustments, please make sure to discuss this with the teacher upfront.