What can Yoga Therapy help you with?
The list is long, to name a few:
- Stress/chronic fatigue/burn-out
- Restlessness in the mind, anxiety, fear, irritability or anger
- Loneliness, sadness or grief
- Lower backache/pain in the sacral area, upper shoulders
- SI joint syndrome/disc herniation/sciatica/osteopenia or osteoporosis
- Rheumatoid arthritis/osteoarthritis
- Chronic conditions/autoimmune disease
- High blood pressure/respiratory and cardio-circulatory conditions
- Recovering from cancer or from a debilitative condition
What to expect?
We start with a thorough intake which entails not only the current and previous medical history but also any emotional and/or psychological aspects involved.
The physical/breath assessment that follows is aimed to assess mobility, functional and structural issues and possible injuries.
These two components are strung together to determine the set of practice that will be supporting you: through consistency and repetition, we change our neural pathways.
The core of the practice is shared along the sessions creating stability and ensuring a long term effect; modification will be introduced whenever appropriate to meet you where you are emotionally and physically on that day together.
How does a session work?
The class lasts 90 min and there is always space for you to share how you feel that day so that the practice can be adapted each time. We’ll be mostly moving together (asanas) but there will be breathing practices and relaxation techniques will be shared.
There is also space to check together how you feel about the practise if you’ve been noticing changes or new challenges are arising. A short set of practice may be given for you to introduce into your daily routine.
The relationship with the teacher in the therapeutic setting aims to create a safe space where you can have time for yourself to restore, move, reflect and connect. The practices are trauma-sensitive and are offered with the intention to support you in feeling at home in a body which is fully inhabited by your presence.
1 Session 90 minutes: €105,-
5 Sessions 90 minutes: €490,-
10 Sessions 90 minutes: €900,-