The Rebozo Closing Ritual, originating from Mexico (but is found in different forms found all over the world), is traditionally given 40 days after giving birth. It helps the new mother to close the period of pregnancy and birth, as she slowly starts to move back into the world. It marks the transition from a woman into a mother and is a true treat for the new mama as she takes her first steps within her new reality. In this 2,5 hour postpartum ritual, the new mother is nurtured, heard, celebrated, and fully taken care of.
This session includes:
- An opening, detoxing and warming herbal tea
- Guided meditation
- Sharing on the period of conception, pregnancy, delivery and the first maternity period with the newborn
- Holistic massage with warm oil
- Footbath with healing herbs
- Closing the body in seven steps with the use of the Rebozos (woven cotton scarves)
This ceremony can be seen as a rite of passage, which we can do at any time of our lives that marks a transition. Times in our lives where we want to let go of the old and connect and give space to the new. Even though it is traditionally given 40 days after delivery, this can be done at any time when the mother feels ready. Even if it's 40 years. The ceremony can also be truly healing after abortion, miscarriage, or stillbirth.