Ayurveda Practitioner Training
The Delight Yoga Academy
Please make sure you meet the requirements below before applying for this study:
- Bachelor's (HBO) thinking- and working level
- Sufficient knowledge of English language as all teachings and course materials will be in English (both written and verbal skills)
- Written motivation letter describing your motivation to join the program (to be uploaded in the application online)
- Attendance of one of our Open Days (if an open day is still offered)
- Read "A Pukka Life" book by Sebastian Pole prior to the start of the program.
If in doubt, please contact us via email@example.com with your questions or concerns. Also if you are not able to attend an Open Day and would like to join the study program, please contact us.
To join this program, we recommend you to have some basic Ayurvedic knowledge and experience. We offer the following workshops within Delight Academy as an introduction to Ayurveda and preparing you for the study:
- Foundation on Ayurveda (50 hours) with Victoria Hyndman
- Yoga & Ayurveda (50 hours) with Victoria Hyndman
- Ayurvedic Healing for Yoga Practice (50 hours) with Coen van der Kroon & Liese van Dam
- Ayurvedic Cooking Workshop (3 days) with Martine van Beusekom
For these workshops as well as shorter workshops and/or workshops starting after 21 September 2019, please refer to the Workshops page on our website.
You can register here for the Ayurveda Practitioner Training. You will be asked to pay a €500 deposit, fill out the application form, upload a motivation letter and upload a high school or secondary education certificate for proof of Bachelor's level.
Within 10 working days after we have received your application form, you will receive an e-mail from Delight Academy letting you know if you are accepted to the Ayurveda Practitioner Training and to invite you for a personal meeting with Martine van Beusekom (Academy Director | Ayurveda), or a phone call if you live further away from Amsterdam.
If you have already participated in Ayurveda courses (50+ hours), you can might be able to receive an accreditation for these hours in this 4-year program. Please send an e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org detailing which courses you have previously attended. Should we be able to accredit these hourse, we will give you an adjusted pricing option based on the amount of contact hours.
Complaints Procedure Delight Academy | Ayurveda
The Delight Academy assumes that all employees involved in the academy will do everything possible to serve in the best interests of the students. However, if a situation occurs that does not the students expectations and there is a complaint regarding the Academy, please follow the following procedure:
- Contact the person whom the complaint concerns. This can either be the teacher or any other employee of the Academy. We strive to work out all complaints this way. Remember: a good teacher-student relationship is important to Delight Academy, therefore we are open to solve any inconveniences experienced by the students.
- If you are not able to solve your problem with the person whom the complaint concerns, as described above, then please send your written complaint to the complaint coördinator mentioning your name, address, telephone number, email-address, study-year, the current date and a clear description of your complaint. If you have any written correspondence, please add this to your letter. The clearer and more complete your complaint, the easier it is for us to judge your complaint.
- Send your complaint to Delight Academy Ayurveda, Attn. complaint coördinator, Prinseneiland 20G, 1013 LR Amsterdam
- Within 10 days of acceptance of the complaint, the student shall receive a letter in which the complaint procedure is described.
- Within three weeks the student shall receive a written reaction on their complaint. We strive for this, however, if the complaint is too complex, it may take longer, in which case the student will be informed.
- Possibility for appeal: Delight Academy will do everything they can to solve your complaint. However, there is a possibility that the student does not agree with the answer. In which case, the student has the possibility to submit the complaint to a third independent party. The academy is for the handling of complaints connected to the FONG (www.FONG.nl). The ruling of the FONG is binding.
- All complaints are confidential. The complaint will be kept on file for two years.