Mama & Baby
More information about the special classes in our studios
Mama & Baby
With Kasia Pokrop
29 February 2020
You just got your baby and would like to get back on the mat but you don’t always have someone to take care of your little one? That class is just what you have been looking for!
Kasia will take you through an Astanga Vinyasa sequence, while your little one is lying next to you. We will let our mini yogis sleep, play or crawl around if they wish to do so, while we continue with the practice.
What can you expect from this class:
- You will not only find back your strength and flexibility,
- but also calmness and clarity of mind thanks to working with ujjayi breath (‘one breath one movement’)
- and by focusing on Mula bandha, you will strengthen your pelvic floor muscles – an important one after giving birth!
Astanga is a dynamic practice, which can be challenging, yet also giving lots of energy back – something we strive for while being young parents. Repetition of the sequence can be also a great help if you wish to set up your home practice that for many of us is the only practice we are able to get do when we have a little one to take care of.
Kasia will help you during the class, but also with any questions you may have about your home practice. She will share with you what she has learned so far as a dedicated Astanga practitioner and teacher, pregnancy Yoga teacher, and a mom of Lily and Miko (who may join, if he happens to be on his nap time, since he falls into baby category still as well – born July 24th, 2019 ☺)
This class is meant for young parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles, older sisters, brothers or babysitters. As long as your baby is older than 6 weeks but young enough to still be in their crawling phase, we would love to see you with us!
Some tips to prepare for the class:
- Our babies are more cooperating if they are just fed. You can always arrive a bit earlier to the studio and feed your baby here, we love to have babies around ☺
- There is plenty of blankets in the shala to place your baby on, but always nice to have a blanket or swaddle of your own that you can place your baby directly on
- Our studio at Weteringschans is located on the 1st floor, so could be easier to come by with your baby in a carrier. If they refuse a carrier, a stroller can be placed inside, but you would need additional pair of hands to bring it up a bit.
No previous experience with Astanga Yoga or Yoga as such is required. Just let yourself go with the flow and be open to baby ‘talk’ around ☺
Join Kasia from 10.00 - 11.15 at Weteringschans. If you would like to come earlier to feed your baby or take some extra time to install you are welcome from 9.30 onwards.
This class will be bookable through the regular schedule one week in advance.
About Kasia Pokrop
Born in Warsaw, Poland in 1983 Born and raised in Poland, Kasia left her home country at the age of 22. Starting her journey in Ireland, she continued to Belgium, Amsterdam, Singapore, and back to Amsterdam, where she found her new home. It was also here in Amsterdam where her yoga journey began.