Taught by expert teachers in their specialized field
Astanga Yoga Primary & Intermediate series workshop
Starting on 26 September 2018 Go to schedule
December 9th Morning - Ashtanga Primary Series Workshop with Clayton Horton
This is an opportunity for students to experience the Primary Series of Ashtanga Yoga in a relaxed and informative manner. Aspects of vinyasa, dristhi, bandhas, and yoga philosophy will be presented. Modifications will be given for the more difficult poses in the series. Difficult postures such as Marichasana D, Bujapidasana and Supta Kurmasana will be broken down in detail. Suitable for students of all levels who have an established and regular Yoga practice.
- Coordinating Breath and Movement all throughout the practice
- Jump Back and jump through for all levels
- Simplifying the bandhas (energy locks)
- Uniting Breath, Movement ant Attention
- Detailed breakdown and modifications for challenging poses
- Enjoying the finishing poses
December 9th Afternoon - Introduction to the Intermediate Series of Astanga Yoga
Curious about the Intermediate Second Series of Ashtanga Yoga? Been Practicing the Primary Series for a while and ready to move on? This workshop is for students who have been practising the Primary Series and are looking to progress and deepen their practice to the next level.
- Experience of the Ashtanga Primary Series and proficient backbending are required.
- Ask your teacher if you are ready for this workshop if you are not certain.
- Come with a sense of curiosity, humility and humour.
- Correct Attitude and Intention
- Exploring Deep Backbending
- Form and Function of Core Strength
- Foot behind the head with intelligence and humour
- Animal postures: the exotic, scary and not so scary
- Injury Prevention
- The 7 Headstands of Ashtanga Yoga
On Friday 8 December Clayton will guide a Kirtan, from 20.00 - 21.30 at the De Clercqstraat. Regular class fees apply. To join, please book your spot from one week prior to date through the regular schedule.
You can register for this workshop by clicking ‘Book’ and paying online with iDeal, Credit Card or PayPal. Full payment is required to ensure your place. Registration is confirmed when payment is complete.
Are you entitled to a refund of the registration fee in case of cancellation? Please read article 16 ‘Cancellation of Workshop Registration’ in our General Terms and Conditions to know exactly where you stand.