Taught by expert teachers in their specialized field
Ayurvedic Yoga (50 hours)
Starting on 20 February 2018 See all dates
Yoga & Ayurveda is really impossible to bring apart, they are inseparable brother and sister, they are the union of the Universal Wisdom. The union of these two sciences brings forth a system of healing for physical, mental and spiritual health and happiness.
The best way of learning and integrating anything into our life is through direct experience. In this program on Yoga & Ayurveda you will experience how we are all made up out of the nature’s five great elements, the pancha maha bhutas, (ether, air, fire, water and earth) and how to live according to those laws of nature, enabling us to meet our individual fullest potential.
Though we are all made up out of the exact same elements, we each contain different amounts of each element, thereby each one of us being a unique expression of nature. Due to this fact, we all need different foods, herbs, healing remedies, lifestyles and yoga practices.
In this 50-hours program, the focus is on how to apply the tools offered by Ayurveda for both preventative and healing purposes for body, mind and spirit through yoga asana, meditation, pranayama, mudra (specific hand gestures which activate different energies in the physical and mental bodies), mantra (energetic sounds) and marma (energetic points on the body).
- Review of the doshas, their sites and subsites
- Review of the gunas (qualities) of the doshas in the mind and the body
- Yoga asanas for specific imbalance and diseases, physical and mental
- Surya and Chandra Namaskar within AyurYoga (including modifications)
- Therory of the Nadis
- 10 Pranayama technques and their doshic effects, theory and practice
- Mantras and mudras for physical and emotional healing, theory and practice
- The chakras and their bija sounds (root sounds), theory and practice
- Marma (energetic) points for healing through direct touch and in yoga asana, theory and ?practice
- Teaching methodology and hands-on techniques
- Basic assessment skills for creating individualized programs
Following the daily food and lifestyle routine and practicing the sequence recommended for your born constitution (prakriti) or your present imbalance (vikruti) (asana, pranayama, meditation, mudras practices). Keeping a journal to write down the different effects after using the various mudras, pranayamas and yoga sequences at specific moments, including those which are not “right” for your type, to feel the after-effect in your body, mind and energy.
These 50 hours are part of the Delight Yoga Advanced Studies, however this is not in itself a teacher training program.
- at least two years of disciplined asana, pranayama and meditation practice and yogic lifestyle;
- having completed the “Foundation on Ayurveda” and “Living Ayurveda” program with Tory.
Desikachar’s “The Heart of Yoga” and Dr. David Frawley and Sadra Summerfield Kozak’s “Yoga for your type”.
Please note: registration closes 14 days prior to workshop start date. In case of any questions or last minute sign ups, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Date / Time
This workshop is only available as a full course, total price:
You can register for this workshop by clicking ‘Book’ and paying online with iDeal, Credit Card or PayPal. Full payment is required to ensure your place. Registration is confirmed when payment is complete.
Are you entitled to a refund of the registration fee in case of cancellation? Please read article 16 ‘Cancellation of Workshop Registration’ in our General Terms and Conditions to know exactly where you stand.