Taught by expert teachers in their specialized field
Finding Stillness : Yin Yoga & Mindfulness Training
With Marije Paternotte
Starting on 28 August 2019 Go to schedule
This workshop has taken place already, please visit our Workshop Page for a more recent offering of workshops and trainings.
A 35-hour Yin Yoga and Mindfulness Meditation Teacher Training.
This training is for yoga teachers who wish to offer the yin yoga practice as a doorway into Mindfulness Meditation and Buddhist practices. The training will be offered in the form of a retreat. This experience will lead to a deeper understanding of the practice, allowing you to teach from a foundation that is solidly rooted within.
Basic Zen mind training will promote the development of self-inquiry, and cultivate a sense of well-being that is grounded in warmhearted awareness. Conscious communication practices will foster enhanced skills to genuinely connect with others, which are directly applicable in your teaching as well as in your daily life.
During this training you will:
- explore movement (Yang), stillness (Yin), and breath practices to elicit a wholesome expression of Chi in the body, fostering vitality and overall well-being;
- practice Yin yoga sequences that target the upper body to enhance breathing capacity, shoulder mobility, and that manage specific mind states;
- develop self-observation without judgment through writing, conscious communication, and meditation practices, leading to greater self-awareness and personal growth;
- learn the four foundations of Mindfulness, and how to teach them in a Yin Yoga class;
- investigate the Four Mind Changings and cultivate compassion and resilience through mind training, thus enhancing connection with yourself and others, as a path of growth and genuine happiness.
After this training you will:
- be confident to teach basic mindfulness techniques in the framework of a (Yin) yoga class;
- know specific Yin Yoga sequences to target the upper body;
- have an ability to connect with others with a more genuine interest and compassion;
- have a greater awareness of who you are, allowing you to take more authentic leadership.
Dates and times
August 28 – September 1st, 2019
Program hours are: 9:30 – 17:30 (with an hour lunch break)
This teacher training is for yoga teachers who have previously completed a basic teacher training in any yoga tradition, and have a minimum of 2 years experience practicing Yin Yoga. Are you not a yoga teacher, but do you have at least 2 years experience practicing Yin Yoga and do you strongly feel that you would like to join this training? Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org motivating your request.
Required reading and assignments
Training in Compassion, Zen Teachings on the practice of Lojong, Norman Fisher
Buddhism, H. Smith & P. Novak
Insight Yoga, Sarah Powers
In addition to the 35 contact hours, students will be given a post-program writing assignment to be completed at home.
During this program social silence will be observed, in order to create a retreat like experience that will deepen your learning.
This program is eligible for 35 hours of Yoga Alliance CE-credits.
You can register for this workshop by clicking ‘Book’ and paying online with iDeal, Credit Card or PayPal. Full payment is required to ensure your place. Registration is confirmed when payment is complete.
Are you entitled to a refund of the registration fee in case of cancellation? Please read article 16 ‘Cancellation of Workshop Registration’ in our General Terms and Conditions to know exactly where you stand.
About Marije Paternotte
Marije E. Paternotte offers a unique approach to yoga; balancing movement and breathing practices of traditional Hatha and Tibetan Yoga with the stillness of the Taoist Yin Yoga, awareness of Chi flow, and an emphasize on mindfulness and the Buddha Dharma.
A note on Wellbeing
Please take care of your own health and wellbeing while participating in classes, workshops and trainings offered by Delight Yoga. If you're currently having any physical, emotional or mental issues, or prefer no hands-on adjustments, please make sure to discuss this with the teacher upfront.