Taught by our experienced international teachers
Intro to Ayurveda Workshop
With Liese van Dam
17 December 2016 See all dates
New to Ayurveda? This Introduction to Ayurveda workshop is the perfect way to begin (or reawaken) your Ayurvedic practice.
During this 3hrs session, we will look into the basic principles of Ayurveda and nutritional guidelines together. We will also walk through a few simple recipes to spice up your festive days in December.
In this workshop, you will learn how to integrate some basic Ayurvedic guidelines to create healthy habits and a good digestion, having in mind that you will probably be challenged by a lot of festive food with all celebrations in December. By integrating those simple guidelines – and at the same time presenting some fabulously healthy and festive recipes – you will be well prepared for an ‘Ayurvedic responsible’ approach of Christmas dinners, New Year’s celebrations or holiday outings with family and friends.
This powerful workshop will focus on finding harmony in body, senses and soul, through the art of healthy festive cooking.
What you will learn during this Introduction workshop:
- Introduction to the basic principles of Ayurveda
- Explanation of basic Ayurvedic nutrition guidelines
- Application of Ayurvedic nutritional guidelines in making your own (festive) food
- How you can manage your digestion by using simple Ayurvedic remedies
- Practical tips on how to partly fast in case you end up having any kind of indigestion after eating or drinking too much
- An Introduction to the Ayurveda path we offer at Delight Academy together with Academy Ayurvedic Studies, giving you an opportunity to experience and practice the basics of Ayurveda in the workshop itself.
- This Introduction to Ayurveda workshop is a slow paced, informative class, designed to delve yourself into the world of Ayurveda based on the ancient knowledge and traditions, preparing you for the other Ayurvedic courses within Delight, such as the Nutrition Courses I (60 hours) & II (30 hrs), Foundation on Ayurveda (50hrs), Living Ayurveda (50 hrs) and Ayurvedic Yoga (50 hrs).
You can register for this workshop by paying with iDeal using the 'Book' link. Full payment is required to ensure your place. Registration is confirmed when payment is complete.
Are you entitled to a refund of the registration fee in case of cancellation? Please read article 16 ‘Cancellation of Workshop Registration’ in our General Terms and Conditions to know exactly where you stand.
About Liese van Dam
Liese originally trained as a hatha yoga teacher in India. She intensely practiced and taught all aspects of yoga – including pranayama, philosophy and chanting - for several years in various countries across the globe before settling back in The Netherlands.