Taught by our experienced international teachers
Introduction to Meditation workshop
26 February 2017 See all dates
“Meditation is bringing the mind home.”
—Sogyal Rinpoche, The Tibetan Book of Living and Dying
New to Meditation?
This Introduction to Meditation Workshop is the perfect way to begin (or reawaken) your meditation practice!
In this workshop led by Kimberly Poppe, we will start to explore the practice of meditation in an interactive and experiential way. The focus of the workshop will be on self-discovery through meditation itself, along with plenty of time for questions and clarification.
What you will learn during the workshop:
- the purpose of meditation: what meditation is and what it is not
- a deeper understanding of the mind (& heart) and its different aspects
- how to cultivate a different relationship to your thoughts and emotions and come more into contact with your true self
- an introduction to each of the five meditation styles offered at Delight Yoga and an opportunity to experience and practice mindfulness & awareness meditation in the workshop itself
- how to establish a daily meditation practice at home, including how to create a sacred space, the best time and how long to practice, & the framework of a practice
- practical tips on how to integrate meditation into your everyday life
Follow Up Classes
Delight Yoga regularly offers five different meditation styles in our studios, led by our world class teachers. At the end of this workshop, you will feel confident to continue with any of our regularly scheduled meditation classes.
Date / Time
You can register for this workshop by paying with iDeal using the 'Book' link. Full payment is required to ensure your place. Registration is confirmed when payment is complete.
Are you entitled to a refund of the registration fee in case of cancellation? Please read article 16 ‘Cancellation of Workshop Registration’ in our General Terms and Conditions to know exactly where you stand.