Taught by expert teachers in their specialized field
Introduction to the Doshas
With Patricia Veltri
24 October 2020 Go to schedule
Ancient sages while observing Nature closely recognized not only the 5 Elements but also an intelligent force that controls and manages those elements.
They called them Doshas: Biological forces that can be observed or their action can be observed.
This workshop will give you a compact idea of Doshas and an introduction to its system, combining practical ways to work with them in your daily life and yoga practice.
In this day we will go through:
- The connection between the 5 Elements and the concept of Doshas.
- How to recognize the 3 Doshas inside of our body & mind and in our environment.
- Their qualities and physiological functions.
- The relationship between Doshas and seasons, cycle of the day and night, cycle of life.
- How they are directly affected by our habits, choices, life style and diet.
- Practical approaches of how to balance their action in our body and mind.
- How to practice Yoga and use asanas, pranayama and meditation to balance the Doshas and support our health.
As a general introduction, the theoretical part presented in the workshop will be accessible to everyone, not requiring previous knowledge in Ayurveda.
The practical and physical part will also be for all levels not requiring any specific or previous experience with yoga.
All you need is to be curious and open to enter this unique approach of knowledge about life.
Date / Time
24 October 2020, 13:45 - 17:45
You can register for this workshop by clicking ‘Book’ and paying online with iDeal, Credit Card or PayPal. Full payment is required to ensure your place. Registration is confirmed when payment is complete.
Are you entitled to a refund of the registration fee in case of cancellation? Please read article 16 ‘Cancellation of Workshop Registration’ in our General Terms and Conditions to know exactly where you stand.
About Patricia Veltri
Yoga has been in Patricia’s life for a long time. She was 9 years old when for the first time she saw someone practicing yoga. That person was her grandmother who, after living 6 months in an Ashram in India, came back and started practicing yoga every morning.
A note on Wellbeing - Creating a safe and sacred space
We wish to create a safe and sacred space to study, practice and grow for everyone. Please take care of your own health and wellbeing while participating in classes, workshops and, trainings offered by Delight Yoga. If you're currently having any physical, emotional or mental issues, or prefer no hands-on adjustments, please make sure to discuss this with the teacher up front.