Taught by expert teachers in their specialized field
New to Yoga Course (4-weeks)
With Alejandra Kemna
Starting on 30 April 2019 Go to schedule
This workshop has taken place already, please visit our Workshop Page for a more recent offering of workshops and trainings.
Are you new to Yoga?
This introduction to Yoga course offers a solid foundation into the practice of yoga to all new students!
During this consecutive 4-week program with the same group and teacher, you will gradually be guided through the foundations of yoga postures, basic personal alignment, breathing practices and principles of relaxation and meditation.
At the end of this journey you will feel grounded in the basic principles of yoga and be confident to join our open classes on the schedule.
The program will include following topics:
- What is Yoga? Introduction into core principles
- Explanation about different styles of yoga
- Basics of postures, breath and meditation
- Introduction into asana: sun salutations, standing postures, seated postures, backbends, balancing postures and restorative postures. Poses will be explained, built from their foundations and progressively explored week by week.
- Guidelines on how to practice safely in classes, how to modify poses when necessary and prevent injuries
- Discussion on yoga philosophy: how to apply yogic principles in modern daily life. Yogic lifestyle and its benefits.
This program is designed as a course, so each session will build up towards the next one. Results are best achieved by attending the whole 4 weeks program. We strongly advise you to be able to join every week. If not, we advise you to start your yoga journey with an Introduction Card or an Introduction to Yoga Program. Please find all information about our introduction offers here. We're looking forward to welcoming and guide you in the way you prefer! If you would like some help with making a choice, you can always concact us!
You can register for this workshop by clicking ‘Book’ and paying online with iDeal, Credit Card or PayPal. Full payment is required to ensure your place. Registration is confirmed when payment is complete.
Are you entitled to a refund of the registration fee in case of cancellation? Please read article 16 ‘Cancellation of Workshop Registration’ in our General Terms and Conditions to know exactly where you stand.