Taught by expert teachers in their specialized field
Practising with Imbalances: Back Care Workshop
With Adelene Cheong
Starting on 29 January 2022 Go to schedule
It can be concerning - or even frustrating and limiting - to experience imbalances in the body, especially when pain, discomfort, and restriction are involved. It is also not uncommon that during yoga, when the body and mind are attempting unfamiliar movements and positions, asymmetries become more apparent. More importantly, when there is lack of awareness or attention to asymmetrical sensation during practice, these imbalances may progress over time.
Do you also struggle with these questions?
• Why is twisting to one side less accessible than the other?
• How to practice when one shoulder / hip is higher or tighter than the other?
• What is happening when discomfort / pain often presents itself only on one side and the same location?
• Why is balancing on one leg almost impossible or feel unstable?
• ‘Why do I feel lopsided?!'
Through open discussion and experiential practices, Adelene will share her journey and experience from practising and living with a structural imbalance, ie. scoliosis. We will understand and learn how to modify and adapt postures, to personalize the practice to support living and being in harmony from moment to moment.
You will leave this workshop with:
- insights into posture and spinal health, locating and navigating imbalances
- restful release poses and movements to support mobility
- knowledge of how to manage and reduce discomfort on and off the mat
- developed sensory intelligence and acumen
- modified practices for musculoskeletal imbalances
- rebuilt confidence in managing and practising with imbalances
- knowledge of how to re-map healthy daily postures for optimal support
Join Adelene for a day of physical and mental re-calibration. Suitable for those living with scoliosis, physical or structural imbalances, also recommended for trainees and teachers who are interested in practising and teaching from a therapeutic perspective.
Date / Time
29 January 2022, 10:00 - 17:00
Prinseneiland (Haarlemmerplein), Amsterdam
This workshop is only available as a full course, total price:
You can register for this workshop by clicking ‘Book’ and paying online with iDeal, Credit Card or PayPal. Full payment is required to ensure your place. Registration is confirmed when payment is complete.
Are you entitled to a refund of the registration fee in case of cancellation? Please read article 16 ‘Cancellation of Workshop Registration’ in our General Terms and Conditions to know exactly where you stand.
About Adelene Cheong
Adelene Cheong is a practitioner, a student, a teacher and trainer of yoga. Adelene feels blessed to be on this journey with many who seek love, peace and truth. Through yoga, Adelene reconnects to being truly integrated in life and all it has to offer. For over a decade, she has been an apprentice to Judith H. Lasater and Donna Farhi, whom she continues to study and assist today.
A note on Wellbeing - Creating a safe and sacred space
We wish to create a safe and sacred space to study, practice and grow for everyone. Please take care of your own health and wellbeing while participating in classes, workshops and, trainings offered by Delight Yoga. If you're currently having any physical, emotional or mental issues, or prefer no hands-on adjustments, please make sure to discuss this with the teacher up front.