Taught by expert teachers in their specialized field
Preparing for the Postnatal Stage
28 July 2017 See all dates
Preparing for the Postnatal Stage (the “4th” trimester)
Prenatal and Postnatal yoga teacher Tianjin Lawless-Jennings has put together an informative workshop to prepare Pregnant ladies for their “4th trimester”; the postnatal stage, where women need the most love, care and support!
During this session we will dive into why the Postnatal stage is so important to prepare for, what Ayurveda says about the importance of taking care of the postnatal mama, and we will look at ways to make the postnatal stage as comfortable, enjoyable and healing as possible so you can enjoy this precious time with your baby.
All women at any stage of their pregnancy welcome.
Tianjin is very passionate about encouraging women to prepare themselves for the postnatal stage. We tend to focus on making sure we have everything for the baby (clothes, cot, etc...) but we forget about ourselves. And "nurturing the nurturer" (you!) should be of utmost importance.
In this workshop, you will receive a booklet that Tianjin has put together so that you can take it home to refer to during the postnatal stage when you may need it. From an Ayurvedic and yogic perspective, we will cover:
- How to prepare ourselves and our home for baby to feel safe and comfortable
- How others can help us
- What foods, drinks, and other treatments will bring us back into balance so we can feel nourished, have energy, sleep better and be able to produce lots of delicious breastmilk for our babies.
- Thinks to avoid during this stage
- Breastfeeding tips
- Our emotions at this time
- Yoga for recovery and healing & when to start practicing again
- Yoga postures you can do at home during the first 6- 8 weeks postnatal
- Survival tips for new mums
- Pelvic Floor exercises
Date / Time
You can register for this workshop by paying with iDeal using the 'Book' link. Full payment is required to ensure your place. Registration is confirmed when payment is complete.
Are you entitled to a refund of the registration fee in case of cancellation? Please read article 16 ‘Cancellation of Workshop Registration’ in our General Terms and Conditions to know exactly where you stand.