Taught by expert teachers in their specialized field
Starting on 19 November 2017 See all dates
Share the power of yoga with people impacted by trauma.
The Prison Yoga Project, in collaboration with Delight Yoga, is offering a special workshop for yoga teachers and committed yoga practitioners interested in working with people who have been impacted by trauma.
James Fox, founder and director of the Prison Yoga Project will lead the two day event drawing on his experience of teaching yoga and mindfulness practices to incarcerated youth and adults, including thirteen years at San Quentin Prison, and at other prisons and rehabilitation facilities.
This unique weekend workshop will include:
- PYP’s evidence-based, trauma-informed methodology for working with prisoners including an in-depth orientation for teaching yoga in the unique socio-cultural environment of prison
- A thorough investigation of the practical application of yoga for mental and behavioral health issues, including PTSD
- Strategies for establishing yoga classes in detention centers, rehabilitation facilities and military veterans programs
- Instruction in specific asana, pranayama and meditation practices that have been proven effective with prisoners
- This training qualifies for 12 Continuing Education (CE) credits with Yoga Alliance for Registered Yoga Teachers (RYT).
Students who are attending this weekend workshop can join the lecture on Friday night Freeing the Prisoner inside yourself with James Fox for free.
You can register for this workshop by paying with iDeal using the 'Book' link. Full payment is required to ensure your place. Registration is confirmed when payment is complete.
Are you entitled to a refund of the registration fee in case of cancellation? Please read article 16 ‘Cancellation of Workshop Registration’ in our General Terms and Conditions to know exactly where you stand.