Taught by expert teachers in their specialized field
Rebozo: Partner Practice for Pregnancy, Childbirth and Postpartum
07 November 2021 Go to schedule
The use of Rebozo, a traditional Mexican woven scarf, is skillfully and respectfully applied in the Netherlands by birth doulas, midwives, and some prenatal educators. The aim is to:
- Ease some of the most common discomfort you experience during pregnancy
- Create space for the baby to go into the most optimal position
- Support the birthing person in achieving more comfort
- Ease any sensations you may feel during labor
- Create space for the baby to move deeper in the birth canal
- Release tensions in the shoulders after feeding and holding the baby
- Apply simple comfort measures and massage techniques
- Bring in deeper relaxation.
What will you learn?
Partner practices with rebozo for pregnancy and labor:
- To relieve pain
- To bring relaxation
- To rotate your baby (if needed) into the most optimal position for birth
- To bring progress in labor
- To start labor naturally after your due date
- To bring relief in the early motherhood time, but not only..
This workshop is for pregnant women during their second and third trimester and their partners. One additional benefit of the Rebozo practice is to bring the couple together in a fun way, while they learn simple tools to ease pregnancy and labor as well as creating further trust and a sense of commitment in the experience of birthing together.
Bring along your partner, a birth companion, or a friend with whom you can practice. Rebozos will be made available for each couple to practice during the workshop. In order for you to keep up with your practice, we advise you to either buy a Rebozo (that you can later use as a sling once the baby is born) or to use a big and long cotton woven scarf.
Note: The price includes spots for both mother and partner!
Date / Time
07 November 2021, 14:00 - 17:00
Prinseneiland (Haarlemmerplein), Amsterdam
Kasia Pokrop Pokrop & Ombretta Dettori
You can register for this workshop by clicking ‘Book’ and paying online with iDeal, Credit Card or PayPal. Full payment is required to ensure your place. Registration is confirmed when payment is complete.
Are you entitled to a refund of the registration fee in case of cancellation? Please read article 16 ‘Cancellation of Workshop Registration’ in our General Terms and Conditions to know exactly where you stand.
About Kasia Pokrop Pokrop & Ombretta Dettori
About Kasia: Born in Warsaw, Poland in 1983 Born and raised in Poland, Kasia left her home country at the age of 22. Starting her journey in Ireland, she continued to Belgium, Amsterdam, Singapore, and back to Amsterdam, where she found her new home. It was also here in Amsterdam where her yoga journey began.
A note on Wellbeing - Creating a safe and sacred space
We wish to create a safe and sacred space to study, practice and grow for everyone. Please take care of your own health and wellbeing while participating in classes, workshops and, trainings offered by Delight Yoga. If you're currently having any physical, emotional or mental issues, or prefer no hands-on adjustments, please make sure to discuss this with the teacher up front.