Taught by expert teachers in their specialized field
Restorative Yoga Training (30hrs)
With Adelene Cheong
Starting on 27 November 2019 Go to schedule
This workshop has taken place already, please visit our Workshop Page for a more recent offering of workshops and trainings.
A 30-hours Relax and Restore Intensive.
To 'rest', to 'relax' and to 'restore' is a natural vital process in our lives. Rest supports optimal physiological functioning and promotes healing and growth. During rest, one’s autonomic nervous system switches from sympathetic-dominance to parasympathetic-dominance, regeneration and restoration is accelerated. Research has shown that relaxation and rest is essential to everyone of all ages and culture, size and shape.
~ 'Deep rest is a precursor to meditation and stillness.' ~ Adelene Cheong
Why do we practice Restorative Yoga?
- To support health and vitality, an antidote to stress
- To replenish moments of depletion and fatigue at every level
- To live with capacity for greater awareness and equanimity
- To offer the best version of ourselves to the world
Come and learn the science and art of Restorative Yoga, the skills to practice active relaxation. This immersion supports ample space and time for learning, reflection and integration. Whether your intention is to deepen personal understanding of restorative practices, or to offer it to family/friends, or to teach and share this healing practice, there will be comprehensive coverage of both the theoretical and practical application of restorative yoga.
This comprehensive immersion offers 30 hours of study and practice of :
- Physiology of relaxation, and the Autonomic Nervous System
- Continuum of consciousness
- Relaxation skills / tools
- Sensory & somatic intelligence
- Sequencing a practice
- Variations to adapt and modify, creative use of props
- Teaching skills and ethics
- Adjustments and touch
- Group vs One-to-one
- Five Kosha (Physical, Energetic, Emotional, Mental, Pure Being)
- The process of reflection and integration
Dates and times
27 November – 1 December 2019
10:00 – 17:15 (with lunch break 13:00-14:15)
Update: Sunday times are changed to 9:00 - 16.15
Recommended reading and assignments
- Judith H. Lasater (2011) ‘Relax and Renew’.
- Judith H. Lasater (2017) ‘Restore and Rebalance’.
- Video resource: Relax and Restore Series 1 by Adelene Cheong (2017)
This training qualifies for CPD with Yoga Alliance CEP (US) and YAP (UK).
OPTIONAL: Post-training Support & Level 1 Teacher Certification (10 non-contact hours. Additional fee of 120 euro applies).
- Completion of all 30 contact hours of training. No exceptions!
- Project: Three case studies on teaching one-to-one Restorative yoga, and four questions for reflection.
- Option for private online Skype sessions with Adelene at a 50% discount for 6 months from training date, for continuous support
- Option to observe/assist Adelene on classes and events
- Option for lifetime listing on www.restorativeyogateachers.com directory, which is a widely promoted site by Judith Hanson Lasater and Adelene Cheong for this work.
For more information about this certification option, please contact Adelene directly via her website.
You can register for this workshop by clicking ‘Book’ and paying online with iDeal, Credit Card or PayPal. Full payment is required to ensure your place. Registration is confirmed when payment is complete.
Are you entitled to a refund of the registration fee in case of cancellation? Please read article 16 ‘Cancellation of Workshop Registration’ in our General Terms and Conditions to know exactly where you stand.
About Adelene Cheong
Adelene Cheong is a practitioner, a student, a teacher and trainer of yoga. Adelene feels blessed to be on this journey with many who seek love, peace and truth. Through yoga, Adelene reconnects to being truly integrated in life and all it has to offer. For over a decade, she has been an apprentice to Judith H. Lasater and Donna Farhi, whom she continues to study and assist today.
A note on Wellbeing
Please take care of your own health and wellbeing while participating in classes, workshops and trainings offered by Delight Yoga. If you're currently having any physical, emotional or mental issues, or prefer no hands-on adjustments, please make sure to discuss this with the teacher upfront.