Taught by expert teachers in their specialized field
The Dhatus : Divisions of Divine Love
With Dr. Robert Svoboda
Starting on 01 June 2019 Go to schedule
This workshop has taken place already, please visit our Workshop Page for a more recent offering of workshops and trainings.
We are very honored to welcome the world-famous speaker and author Dr. Robert Svoboda for a two-day workshop about the Dhatus. In this spiritual yet practical workshop you will learn how our physiology and mind are a reflection of our divine intelligence and love. This is a great opportunity for everybody who is interested in Ayurveda, Yoga, Jyotish (Vedic astrology) and / or Tantra to experience the teachings of Dr. Robert Svoboda.
Dhatus - the roots of reality
The Sanskrit word dhatu means any constituent of any reality. Dhatu can be used as a synonym for the Elements (mahabhuta) that make up the universe, for the doshas (vata, pitta, kapha) when they are in balance, for the senses (indriya) and the subtle elements (tanmatra), for metals and minerals (which make up mountains), even for grammatical stems and Buddhist relics. In this workshop we will explore how we can work with all these components of life, combining with life’s most fundamental essentials - prana, tejas and ojas - to cultivate ahamkara (ego) to receive the blessing of divine love.
Ayurveda and the Seven Dhatus
Classical Ayurveda says that the root of the reality of our body are the seven dhatus: they are the basis of our physiological structure. Our bodies are built from the seven dhatus. But also our minds function on the basis of these same seven dhatus: they are the very body-mind expressions of our ahamkar, our ‘I-maker’ or our ego. In this workshop Dr. Robert Svoboda will highlight some of the core characteristics of the Seven Dhatus and how we can understand – and thus work with – this information within both Ayurveda and Yoga. Indeed Yoga uses the very same physiological foundations that Ayurveda uses: we should never forget that important fact.
Dr. Robert Svoboda on what he will cover in this two-day workshop:
- the basic (and also spiritual) meaning of the word dhatu and how it affects many aspects of vedic sciences,
- an overview of the seven dhatus as they are presented in Ayurveda, as well as their prime functions on a body-mind level,
- important hints on how to understand this within ayurveda, yoga, tantra, as well as jyotish (vedic astrology),
- other important dhatu meanings, such as the doshas (your bio-managers), the indriya (your senses) and the pancha maha bhuta (the building stones of our universe, also present within our bodies),
- some connections of the seven dhatus with the seven days of the week and the seven major planets from vedic astrology,
- the Divine Intelligence and Love that is shining through all of this.
This workshop is open for all levels and is meant to be of specific interest for all students and practitioners of Ayurveda, Yoga, Jyotish (Vedic astrology) and Tantra.
Each day will consist of lectures from 10:00 to 12:00 and from 14:00 to 16:00. For questions about the workshop, please contact us at email@example.com.
You can register for this workshop by clicking ‘Book’ and paying online with iDeal, Credit Card or PayPal. Full payment is required to ensure your place. Registration is confirmed when payment is complete.
Are you entitled to a refund of the registration fee in case of cancellation? Please read article 16 ‘Cancellation of Workshop Registration’ in our General Terms and Conditions to know exactly where you stand.