Taught by expert teachers in their specialized field
The Essentials of Yoga: a 21-day home practice training - Online Pre-Teacher Training
Starting on 05 September 2020 Go to schedule
This workshop has taken place already, please visit our Workshop Page for a more recent offering of workshops and trainings.
Delight Yoga is offering online opportunities for our students who wish to establish or deepen their personal home practice. We have designed a 50-hour training for everyone interested in learning how to practice Yoga in a balanced and intentional manner. This program also serves as a pre-teacher training for students that are planning to attend the Basic Teacher Training.
We are delighted to offer a “home practice training” that will teach you how to truly live yoga in your daily life. This program will help you integrate yogic teachings with your personal environment, and has been carefully modified in order to adjust to the challenges of the situation we are all currently living in. It is a training in service to human beings to live life in harmony again, re-connecting to their breath, body and mind, so they can attune towards the true meaning of yoga: "living in union with the source of life".
This course will teach you to develop the skills and confidence needed to integrate Yoga into your life - as an intimate friend and support system that helps you reconnect with your body, energy (prana), and mind, the terrain we call “our existence”. Yoga gives us access to the place within ourselves where the resources of a life of ease and wellbeing are always available. Balance, peace, love, and freedom are our true heart, health, and wealth. They are always here within us, waiting to be rediscovered.
Here are some of the valuable lessons you will learn from our Essentials of Yoga program:
- Love your Body. This is your home. You will get to know your body in an intimate and gentle manner, and will be encouraged to love and accept your "earth suit".
- Embrace life itself. You will develop intimacy with your breath - the source of life energy.
- You will learn that Yoga, in essence, is training for the mind. You will receive the tools you need to enter your natural state of being, which is Freedom and Peace.
- You will develop the openness to enter your inner wisdom and trust it fully. This will become your true navigation system in all aspects of your life.
- You will experience Sangha, the community of equal-minded beings sharing Truth, being and growing together, and connecting with each other from a place of presence.
- You will finally understand what the wise beings of the past were trying to tell us: that the wisdom of creation is here in us, right now.
- You will be given tools and methods that will allow you to be in touch with your inner foundation and walk in the world with confidence.
Through this training, you will also learn the Astanga Vinyasa Yoga system in a practical and profound way:
- The authentic method, principles, and practices as taught to Satya and Sahaj by Sri K. Pattabhi Jois in Mysore, India.
- Modifications of asanas adapted to different bodies
- The fundamentals of the Eight Limbs of Patanjali's Yoga Sutras and its application in ordinary life.
- Understanding the intention behind Yoga Sadhana (practice) as a path to Awakening.
- Being able to intelligently modify the asanas in your own practice where necessary according to your own body and needs.
- Feeling confident and rooted in the three main aspects of this practice: Breath, Bandhas, and Drishti (Tristana)
- minimum 3 months of yoga experience (Astanga, Vinyasa, or Hatha recommended), but also suited for more experienced practitioners
- participation in all 21 days of the program
- English language proficiency (all teachings and course materials are in English)
- 4 weekends composed of 5 hours of online teachings per day (2,5 hours in the morning and 2,5 hours in the afternoon)
- The morning sessions will mainly consist of physical practice (meditation, chanting, kriyas, Astanga), afternoons mainly of theory, philosophy, asana details and Q&A
- Daily home practice of minimum one hour (will be given to you each weekend)
- These daily home practices are required Tuesday through Friday. Mondays are free.
- Home practices will take place 'offline'. We will all practice separately, but during the same time of day - between 7:30 and 10:30 (you can choose your own start time). Practicing at the same time will give us a sense of commitment and unity.
- Texts to read and learn each day.
- The total training hours will be more than 50 hours. You will receive a 50-hour certificate for your attendance.
In the online lessons, Satya and Sahaj will guide you using the online application ‘Zoom’. Zoom is a live streaming platform with many interactive features - it provides a shared space for students, teachers, and assistants. Delight Yoga has been using Zoom to organise live-streamed classes, workshops, and training days and we have had very positive experiences with it.
Zoom allows you to participate in the training from home, but you can ask questions and connect with teachers and other students as if you were in the same physical location.
During all training days, there are 2 teachers and 2 assistants present. They are continuously watching the students practice through the camera, making sure to address any necessary adaptations, modifications and adjustments.
Dates & times
4 weekends of online training (9:00 - 11:30 and 15:30 - 18:00 hrs; time in between is free):
5 - 6 Sep
12 - 13 Sep
19 - 20 Sep
25 Sep (16:30 - 18:00 hrs)
26 - 27 Sep
Daily home practice (Tuesday through Friday, anytime between 7:30 and 10:30 hrs - offline):
8 - 11 Sep
15 - 18 Sep
22 - 25 Sep
Mondays are free. If you have any questions about the program, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Student feedback on previous edition: "I really liked the teachings and find them very professional. The online classes were in a good balance and pace, with enough pauses but not too many, a good balance between the physical practice and theory and between the teachers. The instructions were clear, Satya and Sahaj explained it in an understandable way and shared a lot of their knowledge and wisdom. The amount of time for questions and sharings from the students was right and the answers were interesting for the whole group. They also offer extra time for questions by mail. Overall the teachers were very sweet and compassionate and I felt comfortable with and inspired by them. The course is a very good foundation for yoga."
Please note: registration closes 2 days prior to workshop start date. In case of any questions or last minute sign ups, please contact email@example.com.
You can register for this workshop by clicking ‘Book’ and paying online with iDeal, Credit Card or PayPal. Full payment is required to ensure your place. Registration is confirmed when payment is complete.
Are you entitled to a refund of the registration fee in case of cancellation? Please read article 16 ‘Cancellation of Workshop Registration’ in our General Terms and Conditions to know exactly where you stand.
About Satya Katiza & Kevin Sahaj
Satya Katiza Satya Katiza is a yogini in heart and soul. She is An experienced Registered Yoga Teacher with Yoga Alliance (ERYT500-RYT 500) and licensed to certify students at the 200 & 500 hour levels.
A note on Wellbeing - Creating a safe and sacred space
We wish to create a safe and sacred space to study, practice and grow for everyone. Please take care of your own health and wellbeing while participating in classes, workshops and, trainings offered by Delight Yoga. If you're currently having any physical, emotional or mental issues, or prefer no hands-on adjustments, please make sure to discuss this with the teacher up front.