Taught by expert teachers in their specialized field
The Essentials of Yoga: Pre-Teacher Training (50-Hour)
Starting on 01 December 2021 Go to schedule
This workshop has taken place already, please visit our Workshop Page for a more recent offering of workshops and trainings.
Delight Yoga is offering a unique opportunity to our students who wish to establish or deepen their personal home practice. We have designed a 50-Hour training for everyone interested in learning how to practice yoga in a balanced and intentional manner. This program also serves as a pre-teacher training for students that are planning to attend the Basic Teacher Training.
What you will learn:
Learning in a Personal Environment
We are delighted to offer a “home practice training” that will teach you how to truly live yoga in your daily life. This program will help you integrate yogic teachings with your personal environment, and has been carefully modified in order to adjust to the challenges of the situation we are all currently living in. It is a training in service to human beings to live life in harmony again, re-connecting to their breath, body, and mind, so they can attune towards the true meaning of yoga: "living in union with the source of life".
In this course, Satya and Sahaj will teach you how to develop the skills and confidence needed to integrate yoga into your life - as an intimate friend and support system that helps you reconnect with your body, energy (prana), and mind, the terrain we call “our existence”. Yoga gives us access to the place within ourselves where the resources of a life of ease and well-being are always available. Balance, peace, love, and freedom are our true heart, health, and wealth. They are always here within us, waiting to be rediscovered.
Key Takeaways from Our Training
Here are some of the valuable lessons you will learn from our Essentials of Yoga program:
- Love your Body. This is your home. You will get to know your body in an intimate and gentle manner, and will be encouraged to love and accept your "earth suit".
- Embrace life itself. You will develop intimacy with your breath - the source of life energy.
- You will learn that Yoga, in essence, is training for the mind. You will receive the tools you need to enter your natural state of being, which is Freedom and Peace.
- You will develop the openness to enter your inner wisdom and trust it fully. This will become your true navigation system in all aspects of your life.
- You will experience Sangha, the community of equal-minded beings sharing Truth, being and growing together, and connecting with each other from a place of presence.
- You will finally understand what the wise beings of the past were trying to tell us: that the wisdom of creation is here in us, right now.
- You will be given tools and methods that will allow you to be in touch with your inner foundation and walk in the world with confidence.
Through this training, you will also learn the Astanga Vinyasa Yoga system in a practical and profound way:
- The authentic method, principles, and practices taught to Satya and Sahaj by Sri K. Pattabhi Jois in Mysore, India.
- Modifications of asanas adapted to different bodies.
- The fundamentals of the Eight Limbs of Patanjali's Yoga Sutras and its application in ordinary life.
- Understanding the intention behind Yoga Sadhana (practice) as a path to Awakening.
- Being able to intelligently modify the asanas in your own practice where necessary according to your own body and needs.
- Feeling confident and rooted in the three main aspects of this practice: Breath, Bandhas, and Drishti (Tristana).
- Minimum of 3 months of yoga experience (Astanga, Vinyasa, or Hatha recommended), but also suited for more experienced practitioners.
- Participation in all days of the program.
- English language proficiency (all teachings and course materials are in English).
- 7 full days of valuable practical & theoretical teachings (9:30 - 17:30 hrs with a one-hour lunch break)
- The morning sessions will mainly consist of physical practices (meditation, chanting, kriyas, Astanga), and the afternoons mainly of theory, philosophy, asana details, and Q&A
- The total training hours will be more than 50 hours. You will receive a 50-hour certificate for your attendance.
Health & Wellbeing
This Pre-Teacher Training has an intensive schedule and curriculum that is physically, mentally, and emotionally demanding. To best support you in this training, we would like to know if any of the following applies to you at this moment (please contact us via email before registering):
- physical, mental or emotional issues
- serious injury
- currently under medical treatment or taking medications
- currently suffering from depression or burnout
Please send an email to email@example.com should you like any further advice about this program before registering.
Past Participants’ Experience
Student feedback on the previous edition: "The course was life-changing, as with everything presented by Satya and Sahaj. I'm still energised by the joy of their teachings." - Helene
"The experience of participating in your Essentials course has been one of the most unexpectedly beautiful of my life. Your gentle and delicate sharing of these ancient wisdoms is a precious gift that is transforming me deeply and will stay with me forever. It is precisely the medicine I need at exactly the right moment. Although I have practiced yoga most of my adult life, I realise I have not truly been practicing yoga until now. You have helped me remember how to breathe again and reminded me of the truth of who I am: a divine being in a human form, inextricably connected to nature and all other beings. Thank you for revealing so much beauty and helping me to discover the softness and sweetness that can be found in each breath, each Om, each movement and asana." - Heather
"I feel so very blessed to have found my way to your 21 days of Essentials of Yoga. The course you have designed is very rich yet well balanced, profound and well paced.
I really enjoyed all the different exercises, experiments in my laboratorium, sharing moments and more theoretical topics. After 30 years of not being a morning person, I finally look forward to waking up early!" - Pauline
Basic Teacher Training
This program will form the necessary foundation if you want to apply for the Basic Teacher Training (200-hour).
If you can't join this training, check out the upcoming online edition of Essentials of Yoga in March 2022 with the same teachers and content.
Please note: registration closes 14 days prior to workshop start date. In case of any questions or last minute sign ups, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can register for this workshop by clicking ‘Book’ and paying online with iDeal, Credit Card or PayPal. Full payment is required to ensure your place. Registration is confirmed when payment is complete.
Are you entitled to a refund of the registration fee in case of cancellation? Please read article 16 ‘Cancellation of Workshop Registration’ in our General Terms and Conditions to know exactly where you stand.
A note on Wellbeing - Creating a safe and sacred space
We wish to create a safe and sacred space to study, practice and grow for everyone. Please take care of your own health and wellbeing while participating in classes, workshops and, trainings offered by Delight Yoga. If you're currently having any physical, emotional or mental issues, or prefer no hands-on adjustments, please make sure to discuss this with the teacher up front.