Taught by expert teachers in their specialized field
The Essentials of Yoga: Pre-Teacher Training (50 Hours) - Online
Starting on 06 May 2021 Go to schedule
This workshop has taken place already, please visit our Workshop Page for a more recent offering of workshops and trainings.
Registration is closed as of 12 March noon.
Delight Yoga is offering online opportunities to our students who wish to establish or deepen their personal home practice. We have designed a 50-hour training for everyone interested in learning how to practice yoga in a balanced and intentional manner. This program also serves as a pre-teacher training for students that are planning to attend the Basic Teacher Training.
What you will learn:
Learning in a Personal Environment
We are delighted to offer a “home practice training” that will teach you how to truly live yoga in your daily life. This program will help you integrate yogic teachings with your personal environment, and has been carefully modified in order to adjust to the challenges of the situation we are all currently living in. It is a training in service to human beings to live life in harmony again, re-connecting to their breath, body, and mind, so they can attune towards the true meaning of yoga: "living in union with the source of life".
In this course, Satya and Sahaj will teach you how to develop the skills and confidence needed to integrate yoga into your life - as an intimate friend and support system that helps you reconnect with your body, energy (prana), and mind, the terrain we call “our existence”. Yoga gives us access to the place within ourselves where the resources of a life of ease and well-being are always available. Balance, peace, love, and freedom are our true heart, health, and wealth. They are always here within us, waiting to be rediscovered.
Key Takeaways from Our Training
Here are some of the valuable lessons you will learn from our Essentials of Yoga program:
- Love your Body. This is your home. You will get to know your body in an intimate and gentle manner, and will be encouraged to love and accept your "earth suit".
- Embrace life itself. You will develop intimacy with your breath - the source of life energy.
- You will learn that Yoga, in essence, is training for the mind. You will receive the tools you need to enter your natural state of being, which is Freedom and Peace.
- You will develop the openness to enter your inner wisdom and trust it fully. This will become your true navigation system in all aspects of your life.
- You will experience Sangha, the community of equal-minded beings sharing Truth, being and growing together, and connecting with each other from a place of presence.
- You will finally understand what the wise beings of the past were trying to tell us: that the wisdom of creation is here in us, right now.
- You will be given tools and methods that will allow you to be in touch with your inner foundation and walk in the world with confidence.
Through this training, you will also learn the Astanga Vinyasa Yoga system in a practical and profound way:
- The authentic method, principles, and practices taught to Satya and Sahaj by Sri K. Pattabhi Jois in Mysore, India.
- Modifications of asanas adapted to different bodies.
- The fundamentals of the Eight Limbs of Patanjali's Yoga Sutras and its application in ordinary life.
- Understanding the intention behind Yoga Sadhana (practice) as a path to Awakening.
- Being able to intelligently modify the asanas in your own practice where necessary according to your own body and needs.
- Feeling confident and rooted in the three main aspects of this practice: Breath, Bandhas, and Drishti (Tristana).
- Minimum of 3 months of yoga experience (Astanga, Vinyasa, or Hatha recommended), but also suited for more experienced practitioners.
- Participation in all days of the program.
- English language proficiency (all teachings and course materials are in English).
- Four weekends composed of 5 hours of online teachings per day (2,5 hours in the morning and 2,5 hours in the afternoon + one Friday afternoon).
- The morning sessions will mainly consist of physical practice (meditation, chanting, kriyas, Astanga), and the afternoons will mainly focus on theory, philosophy, asana details, and Q&A.
- Daily home practice of 30-45 minutes (will be given to you each weekend).
- These daily home practices (offline) are required only on Tuesdays through Fridays. Mondays are free.
- Home practices will take place 'offline'. We will all practise separately, but during the same time of day - between 7.30 am and 10.30 am (you can choose your own start time). Practising at the same time will give us a sense of commitment and unity. If practicing in the morning is not possible, this can also be done at another time in the day.
- Texts to read and learn each day.
- The total training hours will be more than 50 hours. You will receive a 50-hour certificate for your attendance.
In the online lessons, Satya and Sahaj will guide you using the online application ‘Zoom’. Zoom is a live streaming platform with many interactive features - it provides a shared space for students, teachers, and assistants. Delight Yoga has been using Zoom to organize live-streamed classes, workshops, and training days and we have had very positive experiences with it.
Zoom allows you to participate in the training from home, but you can ask questions and connect with teachers and other students as if you were in the same physical location.
During all training days, there are 2 teachers and 2 assistants present. They are continuously watching the students practice through the camera, making sure to address any necessary adaptations, modifications, and adjustments.
Dates and Times
- 13 - 14 March
- 20 - 21 March
- 27 - 28 March
- 2 April (16.30 - 18.00 hrs)
- 3 - 4 April 2021
Daily home practice (Tuesday through Friday, recommended anytime between 7.30 and 10.30 hrs):
- 16 - 19 March
- 23 - 26 March
- 30 March - 2 April
No practice on Mondays.
If you have any questions about the program, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Past Participants’ Experience
Student feedback on the previous edition: "I really liked the teachings and find them very professional. The online classes were in a good balance and pace, with enough pauses but not too many, a good balance between the physical practice and theory and between the teachers. The instructions were clear, Satya and Sahaj explained it in an understandable way and shared a lot of their knowledge and wisdom. The amount of time for questions and sharings from the students was right and the answers were interesting for the whole group. They also offer extra time for questions by mail. Overall the teachers were very sweet and compassionate and I felt comfortable with and inspired by them. The course is a very good foundation for yoga."
"The experience of participating in your Essentials course has been one of the most unexpectedly beautiful of my life. Your gentle and delicate sharing of these ancient wisdoms is a precious gift that is transforming me deeply and will stay with me forever. It is precisely the medicine I need at exactly the right moment. Although I have practiced yoga most of my adult life, I realise I have not truly been practicing yoga until now. You have helped me remember how to breathe again and reminded me of the truth of who I am: a divine being in a human form, inextricably connected to nature and all other beings. Thank you for revealing so much beauty and helping me to discover the softness and sweetness that can be found in each breath, each Om, each movement and asana." - Heather
"I feel so very blessed to have found my way to your 21 days of Essentials of Yoga. The course you have designed is very rich yet well balanced, profound and well paced.
I really enjoyed all the different exercises, experiments in my laboratorium, sharing moments and more theoretical topics. After 30 years of not being a morning person, I finally look forward to waking up early!" - Pauline
Please note: registration closes 2 days prior to workshop start date. In case of any questions or last-minute sign-ups, please contact email@example.com. The login details will be sent via email the day before, please check your spam filter if you haven't received the links. Another way to log in to the class is through your Delight account. You can log in on www.delightyoga.com and click on 'My Delight', on the top right. Under the header BOOKED you will find your booked workshop classes. Select the workshop and click 'watch'. You will then be directed straight to the workshop.
Please note: registration closes 14 days prior to workshop start date. In case of any questions or last minute sign ups, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can register for this workshop by clicking ‘Book’ and paying online with iDeal, Credit Card or PayPal. Full payment is required to ensure your place. Registration is confirmed when payment is complete.
Are you entitled to a refund of the registration fee in case of cancellation? Please read article 16 ‘Cancellation of Workshop Registration’ in our General Terms and Conditions to know exactly where you stand.
A note on Wellbeing - Creating a safe and sacred space
We wish to create a safe and sacred space to study, practice and grow for everyone. Please take care of your own health and wellbeing while participating in classes, workshops and, trainings offered by Delight Yoga. If you're currently having any physical, emotional or mental issues, or prefer no hands-on adjustments, please make sure to discuss this with the teacher up front.