Taught by expert teachers in their specialized field
The Mind Retreat - Online
Starting on 09 March 2021 Go to schedule
This workshop has taken place already, please visit our Workshop Page for a more recent offering of workshops and trainings.
A unique opportunity to dive within the Infinite Universe of the Mind, guided by Satya Katiza and Kevin Sahaj in a 10-day home-based silent retreat.
This retreat is a silent 10-day training where we will investigate the Mind as true scientists within our own laboratory. The philosophical ground of practice will be based on non-dual practices, Buddhism, and Tantra.
Yoga - since its creation - has always been taught in a one-on-one setting. The teacher would assess the needs, aspirations and constitution of the student and give them the personal practice that would connect them to their innermost truth. This innermost truth of the individual is unique to that person, and each person’s yoga practice will ultimately be an individual practice, guided closely by authentic teachers and teachings.
In The Mind retreat, you will have the opportunity to deepen into the yoga that is most suited to your individual needs and will give you the foundational ground, connection, and steadiness to become a living yogi or yogini.
During this retreat, Satya and Sahaj will draw from several wisdom traditions to offer you 10 days of practices ranging from asana, pranayama, meditation, healing, Tantra to Buddhism, self-inquiry and dharma.
This retreat presents the subtlest part of the practices, where we investigate the Mind following as basis non-dual practices, Buddhism, and Tantra. We will take the foundation of mindfulness practice and go deeper into meditation techniques that will firmly establish you in your awareness and presence.
This is the root and beginning of seeing the greater purpose that is guiding our lives. We become aware that our lives as yoga teachers are a gift of service towards others. This goes beyond our own self-interest. Deep-seated unconscious emotional patterns and areas of unclarity in the mind must be illuminated and purified to go into the real next level of awakening. Clearing the energy body’s chakras and pathways to open the mind will create the conditions for deep self-inquiry in this retreat.
So this period is for ripening and going deeper. All practices before this are merely a preparation, a cleaning of the temple of body and mind to make space for the opening of our true nature. Here the true yogi starts to be born.
Through the deep immersion in the teachings of these very gifted and experienced teachers, from the sacred space of your home, you will come out as a different person, with a clearer understanding of yourself, your practice and your dharma - this retreat will literally open your heart and blow your mind away.
Typical Daily Schedule
- 06.30 - 08.00: Morning rituals & practices (offline)
- 08.00 - 09.00: Morning practices (online)
- 09.00 - 10.00: Asana (online)
- 10.00 - 11.00: Break
- 11.00 - 13.00: Philosophy & subtle practices (online)
- 13.00 - 15.00: Break
- 15.00 - 16.30: Philosophy & breath practices (online)
- 16.30 - 17.00: Break
- 17.00 - 19.00: Energy practices (online)
- 19.00 - 20.30: Break
- 20.30 - 21.30: Guided practice (offline - audio recording)
New Location: Online
The retreat was initially scheduled to take place in the Mandali Retreat Center in Italy. Due to the current circumstances, the retreat will be given as an online retreat instead.
We would like to emphasize that the power and wisdom of the teachings will be fully preserved. The teachings will stay intact, are separable from surroundings, and are composed with the greatest care.
Instead of at an external retreat location, the mandala will be laid in the location of our own homes. The precious, beautiful nature and building will be our own bodies, the shrine where we all meet will be our living hearts, and the medium to connect will be the internet, which we call "Inner-Net".
We will be giving birth together to a new way to operate, answering the circumstances, flowing and moving with what is, and not letting anything stop us from allowing the teachings to continue.
The current situation makes the need even more relevant and strong to share this wisdom, and to transmit to all of you the medicine of the dharma. Let's not keep postponing until the “ideal” situation.
Let's strive to live as enlightened beings, right here and now.
- The setting is important: let everybody around you know that you are in a retreat and that you will be in noble silence ("mauna") for most of the period, only speaking when necessary (asking questions during the sessions is possible).
- Your home is the perfect place for the retreat. If you want, but this is not necessary, you can also find a quiet place in nature nearby, maybe a cabin that you can rent. Or just be flexible in your mind about what is possible. Magic is always closer than we think.
- Make sure that you have good access to the internet :)
- Arrange that you have food supplies for a couple of days, or maybe a friend or family member can help you with replenishing your food.
- Eat simply, like a yogi who does not need fancy meals, just simple and nourishing. We will provide suggestions on the type of food and when to eat.
- Make yourself as comfortable as possible, take the time you need, bring the required reading for the retreat with you wherever you will take the retreat.
- The training manual will be provided as a pdf.
- Feel with dignity and divine pride that you are taking the time to meet your heart and discover and explore your energy body, like going to a laboratory to activate this alchemy of meeting the Heart of hearts.
- The program starts on Friday 1 January 2021 with the Opening Gathering from 16.30 - 19.00 hrs. You will receive a guided meditation to listen to before going to bed. The program ends on Sunday 10 January 2021 at 12.30 hrs.
The retreat program consists of full-day sessions from 06.30 - 21.30 hrs. There will be a good mix of online and offline practices, audio recordings, and breaks. The online time will consist mainly of listening and practising: it is not necessary to watch the screen all the time. The content of the retreat will cover the same topics as in the in-person retreat format. Some practices will be adapted to make them suitable for a home environment. During the sessions, speaking is possible so that you can ask questions.
We strongly advise not to miss any parts of the retreat.
Some reassuring words from Satya on the new format:
“I’d like to ask you to have confidence that YES, you can do this. If you can do this, you are not only giving yourself permission to meet your true Self but also you are empowering everyone around you to maybe one day do it too.
This is what this world needs right now. Maybe this is why it needs to happen this way: you are not going away, but you are staying right where you are. Becoming a living example that when we are ready to give birth to who we really are, we allow our light to break open. Where this happens, is not in our hands.”
Feedback from students from another 10-day online retreat by the same teachers:
'The online retreats of Satya and Sahaj are what yoga is all about. In the Heart Retreat, right in the hustle and bustle of the city, I was confronted with my daily patterns and obstacles, and guided along a path of deep connection, trust, and love. This retreat gave me the missing piece of my spiritual journey, and I can honestly say the online Heart changed my life.' - Nora
'The fact that The Heart was organised online was beautiful as well. Of course Mandali is gorgeous, and being spoiled there is amazing. But having the retreat in our own home makes it a lot easier to apply all that was taught in our everyday life. All practicalities are easy to change, compared to our ’normal’ life. It just comes down to organising it well in advance (like with meals etc).' - Annemieke Bakker & Lex Peters, Stichting Kans voor PKAN kinderen
In the online format, the teachers will guide you through the online application ‘Zoom’. Zoom is a live streaming platform with many interactive features - it provides a shared space for students, teachers, and assistants. Delight Yoga has been using Zoom to organise live-streamed classes, workshops, training, and online retreats and we have had very positive experiences with it.
Zoom allows you to participate in the training from home, but you can ask questions and connect with teachers and other students as if you were in the same physical location.
The price for the full home retreat is €900 (80 hrs) for the teaching fees, including the course manual.
- 2 years of regular yogic practices including asana
- Having regular meditation experience of about 2 years (Shamata or Vipassana)
- A motivation letter why you want to take part in this retreat
- To be emotionally stable (see note below on Health & Well-Being)
If you are not sure about meeting these requirements but you'd like to join this retreat, please contact email@example.com directly with your questions or concerns.
Please read the following books prior to the retreat:
- When Things Fall Apart by Pema Chödrön
- The Myth of Freedom and the Way of Meditation by Chögyam Trungpa
- Mirror of Yoga by Richard Freeman
Health & Well-Being
Your current health and health background are very important to us to assess your needs and to be aware of any precautions or adaptations of the yoga practices that may be needed for you personally. The information you provide is confidential and will not be shared with others.
Please let us know by e-mail know if any of the following applies to you:
- Are you experiencing physical, mental, or emotional issues? (If so, please detail.)
- Are you currently under medical treatment or taking medications for mental or physical conditions (If so, please detail.)
- Are you currently or have you suffered in the past from depression, burnout, addiction, or any other mental health issues? (If so, please detail.)
In case of an emergency, please provide us with a phone number of a partner/friend/family.
Preparation for The Retreat
In October 2020, the Introduction to The Mind Training workshop took place in preparation for the retreat. During this day, participants were able to explore the practices conveyed during the retreat under the guidance of Satya and Sahaj, to tune in to the frequency of the retreat and meet the other participants and the teaching assistants. Additionally, participants of former years who wish to refresh the practices were invited. We recommend watching the recording of this workshop in preparation for the online program. The price for the recording is € 60 (incl 9% VAT) or € 42 (incl 9% VAT) for current DY members.
Please get in touch with firstname.lastname@example.org.
Stay connected with the Sangha after the retreat
During the Sva Dharma Family Gathering, everyone who has ever participated in a training or retreat with Satya and Sahaj is warmly welcome to gather, reconnect, inspire each other, practise together, share experiences, and thus, find support in their Sangha (community of like-minded people).
More information and booking:
Please contact email@example.com for more information.
You can register for this workshop by clicking ‘Book’ and paying online with iDeal, Credit Card or PayPal. Full payment is required to ensure your place. Registration is confirmed when payment is complete.
Are you entitled to a refund of the registration fee in case of cancellation? Please read article 16 ‘Cancellation of Workshop Registration’ in our General Terms and Conditions to know exactly where you stand.
A note on Wellbeing - Creating a safe and sacred space
We wish to create a safe and sacred space to study, practice and grow for everyone. Please take care of your own health and wellbeing while participating in classes, workshops and, trainings offered by Delight Yoga. If you're currently having any physical, emotional or mental issues, or prefer no hands-on adjustments, please make sure to discuss this with the teacher up front.