Taught by expert teachers in their specialized field
Yin Yoga & Mindfulness for Stress Management
With Marije Paternotte
03 February 2018 See all dates
We all know what stress feels like. Stress can be helpful to get things done or to run away when danger is imminent. Yet more often than not, stress is an undesirable by-product of our busy lives. Instead of being productive, our brains seem to work on overload and we feel constantly overwhelmed. Stress not only affects our minds but also negatively influences our bodies and overall health, resulting in tense muscles, weight gain (or loss), insomnia and illness - to just name a few.
Changing our lives completely or working less is not always an option - or even desirable. Therefore, knowing ways to mitigate the stress is a great asset. It is also helpful to understand what exactly creates stress, and why it affects us physically and mentally.
In this workshop you will learn and practice:
- What stress is;
- How stress affects our body, breath and mind, and why;
- Yin Yoga postures that physically and energetically release tension from your body, and enhance your overall health;
- Pranayama (breathing exercises) to calm your nervous system and boost your immune system; and
- Mindfulness Meditation to clear your mind and enhance your brain capacity.
- At the end of the workshop you will have an array of tools to manage stress that you can use everyday no matter where you are.
This workshop is for everyone – whether currently stressed, or not. No yoga experience necessary.
You can register for this workshop by clicking ‘Book’ and paying online with iDeal, Credit Card or PayPal. Full payment is required to ensure your place. Registration is confirmed when payment is complete.
Are you entitled to a refund of the registration fee in case of cancellation? Please read article 16 ‘Cancellation of Workshop Registration’ in our General Terms and Conditions to know exactly where you stand.