News about what’s going on in our studios
- From 20th of September Martine will teach a new Astanga Led class (beginners) on Tuesday 16.00 - 17.30h at Nieuwe Achtergracht.
- From 28th September Anna will teach the Astanga class (all levels) on Wednesday 07.00 - 08.00h at Nieuwe Achtergracht. She will take over from Miluse while she's travelling to Nepal until 22 December.
- From 03 October Kristin will teach the Hatha class (all levels) again on Monday 09.30 - 11.00h at Weteringschans.
- From 26th of September - 07 October Govinda Kai will be on the schedule for both Astanga Mysore and Astanga Led classes.
- From 02 October Julia will teach the Astanga Class (all levels) on Sunday 16.00 - 17.30h at Nieuwe Achtergracht. She will temporarily take over from Jurre who will be in Mysore until the end of the year.
- On 05th October 20.00 - 21.30h at Prinseneiland there will be no Hatha Restorative. Instead there is a Kirtan with Govinda.
- On Friday 07th of October we hold a Farewell Kirtan with Govinda, 20.00 - 21.30h at De Clercqstraat.
- From 18th of October, Moena will teach Hatha & Pranayama class (all levels) from 09.30 - 11.00h at Nieuwe Achtergracht. This class will replace the Vinyasa class (experienced level).
- From 03rd of October until the end of the year, Gibran Gonzalez will temporarily take over Jurre's Astanga Mysore and Led classes. Jurre will be in Mysore during this period.
Meditation at Delight - now 1 hour classes and a lot more options
We've created a new set up for the Delight Meditation classes. We've identified five styles of meditation, that from now on will be taught at Delight.
From Monday the 2nd of May, all meditation classes will be taught and mentioned on the schedule as one of the five styles we've identfied. Also all classes will be changed into 1 hour classes.
See below for the description of the different styles.
(1) Mindfulness Meditation
This meditation uses the breath or sound as a support.
The support provides a gentle focus point to anchor or steady the mind throughout the practice. As the mind gets distracted during meditation, we simply come back, again and again, to being aware of the breath (or sound). This helps us create new patterns, train the mind to become less distracted, and to regain a sense of distance from our thoughts and emotions—finding greater peace and stillness within.
(2) Awareness Meditation
This meditation guides students to rest in a place of being.
It is a gentle guided meditation that helps us find more spaciousness and relaxation in the mind. By allowing ourselves to stop 'doing' this meditation focuses on the awareness of being, and allows us to become more connected to the true nature of the mind—which is pure, still, creative, and open.
(3) Loving Kindness Meditation
This meditation focuses on gently cultivating loving-kindness towards oneself and others.
Loving kindness meditation helps students to discover more about their minds and their hearts. The intention of this practice is to send well-being and happiness to oneself and the world around us. It is a wonderful way to begin to plant the seeds of love within, that will also impact our way of being in our lives.
(4) Relaxation Meditation
This meditation is a practice of conscious relaxation designed to release held tension in our body and mind.
The practice of yoga nidra guides students into a state of deep relaxation, by progressively relaxing and releasing tension from each part of the body. This helps us to feel more open inside and is a great way to reverse the impact of stress.
(5) Mantra Meditation
This meditation uses a 'mantra' to help steady the mind. A mantra is a sacred syllable or sound that has a powerful vibration.
It is a gentle guided meditation using a sacred sound to help us contact the deeper layers of our being. One of the purposes of using a mantra is to feel the subtle vibration, which helps to deepen our practice. The repetition of the mantra throughout the class helps us to disconnect from the thoughts that arise, and find a deep sense of peace within.
Kirtan in Den Haag
From June 3rd, there will be a kirtan session guided by Lonneke Lamers in Den Haag every first Friday of the month from 20.00 - 21.30.
Join Lonneke on every first Friday of the month for an evening of opening your heart with singing mantras. During this evening you will experience the power of sound and vibration flowing through your body. Chanting mantra’s purifies us and brings us closer to the source, closer to the joy and love in ourselves.
You can book these special classes through the regular schedule.
New teachers & staff
New (sub) teachers
- Alejandra Kemna - Vinyasa
- Lisanne Lambert-Stoop - Pre & Postnatal
- Gabriella Lai - Prenatal, Hatha, Yoga Basics, Vinyasa
- Nanneke Landman - Hatha, Yin, Yin Yang
- Saskia Vrielink - Yin, Mindfulness and Yin, Vinyasa, Hatha
- Bo Schumacher - Studio Host
- Yemanja Göttges - Studio Host
- Irene Bakker - Studio Host
- Carlijn Potma - Studio Host
Introduction to Yoga Program
With Marilou van Hoek
29 October 2016
New to Yoga? This Introduction to Yoga Program is the perfect way to begin (or reawaken) your yoga practice! We offer you a 2-hours’ introduction session and 5 beginners’ classes (within 30 days of your intro) for only 50 euro.
Art of Asana - Standing Poses
With Adela Serrano
05 November 2016
Part I: Standing Poses “It is through the alignment of the body that I discovered the alignment of my mind, self and intelligence” –B.K.S. Iyengar, Light on Life This will be the first of a series of three workshops focusing on the alignment of the yoga poses (asanas) based on the Iyengar methodology.