- To have practiced yoga steadily for a minimum of 1 year with a teacher and have a regular and consistent self practice (at least 3 times a week) in any hatha-based style of yoga
- A motivational letter in which you tell us more about yourself and your motivation to take part in this training.
- Submission of preparation homework prior to the start of the training.
To register for joining the Basic Teacher Training, please follow these steps:
- Apply now by choosing one of the following payment options: FULL PAYMENT €3075 or PAYMENT IN INSTALLMENTS €3275 From your payment an amount of 300€ is non-refundable unless your registration should be rejected by Delight Yoga. Note: This payment is only the product, you still need to book yourself onto the respective modules.
- Book the first day of the 3 individual modules. You can do this by selecting the respective module and book day 1, paying with the product purchased under point 1 which is ready to be used for payment in your shopping cart.
- IMPORTANT Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to notify us about your registration.
- You will receive 3 separate confirmation emails, one for each module. In the confirmation for the 1st module, there will be preparatory homework and a link to upload the following information: a motivation letter why you want to participate in this training (max. 1 A4 page); a photo for the teachers to prepare themselves; informing us about payment option and room preference (please complete step 3 as soon as possible - ideally the same day - in order to make sure your room preference is still available).
- IMPORTANT Send an email to email@example.com to notify us about having completed the form, so we can communicate your room preference to the retreat location.
If you have any questions about the registration process, please get in touch with us by firstname.lastname@example.org.
Dates & Accommodation
The full 200 hours training consists of 3 elements: 8 days in Amsterdam (60 hours), 10 days in a residential retreat in Portugal (90 hours), and 7 days in Amsterdam (50 hours). In the periods between the elements you can practice integrating what you have learned into your daily schedule. Exams will be part of the final week.
The Essence of Yoga, Amsterdam - 19 - 26 May 2023 (Satya & Sahaj)
The training days in Amsterdam will be daily from 9:00 - 17:45 hrs. They will take place at our Weteringschans studio. This week is non-residential, so if you're from abroad you can arrange your own accommodation in Amsterdam e.g. with the Netherlands-based students, or rent an apartment together with other students from abroad. We will help with getting students in touch with each other.
The Body Retreat, Portugal - 8 - 17 July 2023 (Satya & Sahaj)
D’Alijo Yoga Retreats Center is a yoga retreat in the midst of beautiful Portuguese nature. It sprawls across three hectares of land consisting of terraces, olive field and hills with large rock formations.
The accommodation consists of wooden chalet style houses, cabins or rooms which are tastefully decorated, positioned in rural parts of the grounds at walking distance from Yoga Studio, swimming pool and the main house. All rooms have outside verandas. The main house which is rebuild with huge granite rocks from centuries ago is now the cozy “heart” of the retreat centre. Surrounded by large terraces and undisturbed views of the area and premises. It offers 5 guest rooms. The center offers a heated swimming pool, water features, and a peaceful meditation cave and the surroundings invite to tranquil walks.
The Body Retreat starts on 8 July and finishes on 17 July 2023. Transfer between Porto (OPO) Airport and the retreat location by car takes 1 hour. On 8 July, check-in is open as of 12.00 hrs and the program starts around 16.00 hrs. On 17 July, the program ends after a morning self-practice. There are many airports with direct flights to Porto, e.g. Schiphol and Eindhoven (NL) and Düsseldorf and Weeze (D). Or consider environment-friendly alternatives like bus or train to Porto and then join the shared transfer from Porto airport. There is also a Flixbus connection to Guimarães from where pick-up can be arranged. We advise not to arrive after the retreat has started, or to depart before it has ended, as this would mean missing important parts of the program. The transfer from the retreat centre to the airport OPO leaves 3 hours before the flight departure time.
Additional nights at the retreat location can be booked directly by emailing to email@example.com. Camping on-site is not possible.
The Art of Sharing Yoga: Teaching from within, Amsterdam - 19 - 25 August 2023 (Adela Serrano)
The training days in Amsterdam will be daily from. 9:00 - 17:45 hrs. They will take place at our Weteringschans studio. This week is non-residential, so if you're from abroad you can arrange your own accommodation in Amsterdam e.g. with the Netherlands-based students, or rent an apartment together with other students from abroad. We will help with getting students in touch with each other.
Upon signing up for the program, you have the option to pay (through iDEAL, SEPA, major credit cards or SOFORT) either the full amount of teaching fees at once, or to pay in monthly installments (last installment is due the latest 60 days in advance of the start of the training).
Teaching fees if following all 3 modules within one year
- Full payment upon registration: € 3.075
- Payment in installments: € 3.275
From this total, an amount of € 300 is considered as non-refundable booking fee according to our Terms & Conditions. The booking fee is non-refundable if participation is cancelled or postponed by the student for whatever reason (including corona-related circumstances).
Please note that due to Dutch tax legislation (reisbureauregeling), there is no VAT deductible.
Teaching fees are including course manual, but excluding accommodation/travel/books.
Prices accommodation Portugal
The costs for accommodation and food are on the basis of 9 nights and full board (3 vegetarian meals per day). The accommodation is invoiced separately with a due date of 8 May 2023 and cannot be refunded if cancelled thereafter. The following room types are available on a first-come first-serve basis (please indicate in case you snore/have frequent nightmares):
- € 1.045 shared room with 2 people
- € 1.280 single room with shared facilities (house with 3 single bedrooms and shared living room / bathroom)
- € 1.590 garden suite (luxury single 36 m2, own facilities)
This includes healthy, tasty and nutritious vegetarian/vegan breakfast, lunch & dinner, free water & tea throughout the day, and use of all facilities in the fully equipped yoga shala and on the property. The twin rooms are located in or close by the main building. Some single rooms are located at a 7-10 minute walk.
Please note that due to Dutch tax legislation (reisbureauregeling), there will be no VAT deductible from the invoice.
Not included in the above fees are books, travel costs to- and- from the retreat centre, travel insurance (highly recommended), local tourist tax. Camping at the retreat location / external accommodation is not possible.
Extra nights can be booked directly at D'Alijo Yoga Retreat Center by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, for a 30% discount on the chosen room rate (stay in same (single) room or upgrade twin to single). This includes two meals instead of three during the events. As an indication, a single room costs 113€ per extra night.
It is possible to follow the 3 elements that constitute the full 200-hour training over a period of several years. In that case, the then valid prices for individual participation in the respective year apply. To receive the 200-hour certificate, the elements need to be followed in the correct order.
Participants following The Body Retreat and/or The Heart Retreat and/or The Mind Retreat directly after each other, receive a discount of €75 per retreat on the Early Bird price (not applicable for payment in installments).
Individual module prices
The elements can also be followed on a stand-alone basis. Please find the prices for individual participation here:
- The Art of Sharing Yoga: Teaching from within
Certification & Qualifications
Successfully graduated students will be able to present sequencing of asanas for beginners, based on the Hatha Yoga - Vinyasa method, feeling confident to share ways to apply philosophy in the teachings and to introduce “Prana” through breath awareness, basic pranayama, and kriyas. Also the student will have the capacity to guide beginners into basic meditations and yoga nidra.
This program is registered with the American Yoga Alliance (YA) and exceeds their standards at the 200 hours level. This will allow you to register with YA as a RYT-200 upon successful completion of this year’s study.
Delight Yoga is registered with Yoga Alliance at the 200 and 300 hrs level with number #84871.
You will receive assignments in preparation for this training to complete and submit prior to the start of The Essence of Yoga. Homework includes the below list of books to read before the training. You will also be asked to journal about your personal practice. Please allow for a minimum of 1 month (ideally 3) to complete your preparation homework at a relaxed pace.
- The Yoga Sutras of Patanjali – Swami Satchidananda or Georg Feuerstein, OR Raja Yoga by Swami Vivekananda
- Yoga Mala, Sri K Pattabhi Jois
- The Art of Vinyasa, Richard Freeman
- The tree of yoga, BKS Iyengar
You can purchase these books online through Athenaeum Book Store or bol.com.
Health & Well-being
Our Teacher Trainings have an intensive schedule and curriculum that is physically, mentally, and emotionally demanding. It is your own responsibility to take care of your own health and well-being. To best support you in this training we need to know if any of the following applies to you at this moment, so that we can advise you accordingly in preparation to the program:
- Are you experiencing physical, mental or emotional issues? (if so please detail)
- Are you currently under medical treatment or taking medications for mental or physical conditions? (if so please detail)
- Are you currently or have suffered in the past from depression, burnout, addiction or any other mental health issues? (if so please detail)
Our Terms & Conditions apply.
Get a taste or prepare
Meeting the Body - Online workshop
If you would like get an introduction or prepare for the retreat, we recommend joining the online workshop "Meeting The Body" with Satya & Sahaj. Registered participants of this year's retreat receive a 50% discount. To receive the voucher code, please email email@example.com.
Stay connected with the Sangha
To stay connected with the Sva Dharma community we offer the Sva Dharma Family Gatherings. This is an exclusive event for everyone who has ever participated in a training or retreat with Satya and Sahaj. We warmly welcome you to gather, re-connect, inspire each other, practice together, share experiences, and thus find support in the Sangha (community of like-minded people).
Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org should you like any further advice about this program before registering
For our cancellation policy, please read our General Terms and Conditions.