This course is a part of our 200-hour Basic Teacher Training but can also be taken independently. In this 50-hour training for both yoga teachers and yoga students, you will be guided to finding your voice in a skillful way to share with others what you love the most: your yoga practice.
About the training
This program will facilitate the integration of your yoga practice with teaching skills, together with different techniques to also see beyond the physicality of the practice. You will be learning and teaching, refining not only your own practice but also how to bring it into the world, and practising until it is sealed.
What you will learn
For teachers in training and committed yoga practitioners:
- To explore in depth the inner knowledge and experience gained through your practice.
- Tools to tap into the insights of your own practice in a way that it can naturally be shared from your direct experience.
- Seamless continuation of all the wisdom already experienced within yourself. Now you are ready to share it with others. Your dedication and devotion to your practice will naturally want to be spread into the world.
- This program will help you unveil your inner teacher and let shine his or her own unique journey in the light of the yoga tradition.
For practising yoga teachers looking to refresh, expand and refine the art of sharing:
Stepping into the student’s shoes can be really refreshing and bring new insights to the way your teaching style is developing and growing. This process will act as a mirror for your unique way of teaching and open the door to new ways of bringing the teachings across in your classes. By tapping into some energetical practices involving Vayus, Uyaji, Bandhas, Spirals and Loops you will get insights on how these beautiful energetic fields can transform the understanding of the practice of your students. Experiencing and deepening into these energetic aspects of the practice in yourself will naturally ripple into the way you share yoga with others.
To expand the skills you already have, we will go through different techniques:
- To explore the teaching from an energetic and intuitive knowledge.
- To challenge the structures that we sometimes create around a certain style and see the bigger picture.
- To serve and approach the students from your deepest authenticity.
- To stay true to the methodology, yet open to the infinite possibilities laying in front of you in all your students.
- To actualize your knowledge of physical anatomy and the subtle energetic body (Vayus, spirals and loops).
- To more and more become the vehicle from where the teaching flows, to transmit from the tradition to the students.
- An invitation to be playful and share yoga from a place of self-practice, joy and devotion.
The yoga styles that are covered in this module come from the Krishnamacharya tradition. Kriyas, pranayama, and sequencing asanas come from the Hatha and Vinyasa methodologies.
Other methodologies like healing yoga practices and sharing sessions will be presented as a way to develop an eye to see beyond the physicality of the practice.
- Introduction to creative and dynamic asana sequencing
- Modifying asanas for beginners
- Physical anatomy and subtle body anatomy
- Practical yoga philosophy
- Sound and mantras
- Meditation and chanting
- Therapeutic yoga and synthesis
- Practice teaching
Key takeaways from this 50-hour training:
- Insightful ways to see if what you are teaching comes through to the students
- Developing a sharper sight into the body, breath and state of the students to effortlessly guide their asana, transitions and breath