The Mind Retreat starts on 9 August and finishes on 18 August 2022. Transfer between Porto (OPO) Airport and the retreat location by car takes 1 hour. On 9 August, check-in is open as of 12.00 hrs and the program starts around 15.00 hrs. On 18 August, the program ends after a morning self-practice.
We advise not to arrive after the retreat has started, or to depart before it has ended, as this would mean missing important parts of the program. The transfer from the retreat centre to the airport OPO leaves 3 hours before the flight departure time.
Recommended flights if flying from Amsterdam:
9 August AMS - OPO: KL1711 09:05 – 10:40 (or check Transavia earlier in the morning and wait for the arrival of the KLM flight to share transfer)
18 August OPO - AMS: KL1712 11:25 - 15:05
Or consider other environment-friendly alternatives like bus or train to Porto and then join the shared transfer from Porto airport. There is also a Flixbus connection to Guimarães from where pick-up can be arranged.
Payment options for teaching fees (including the course manual, excluding accommodation/travel):
- Registered students of the Advanced Teacher Training: € 1.150 (incl. VAT)* payable by 8 July 2022
- Early bird: € 1.400 (incl. VAT)*
(€ 150 non-refundable deposit upon registration, €1.250 payable by 30 April 2022)
- Regular: € 1.500 (incl. VAT)*
(€ 150 non-refundable deposit upon registration, €1.350 payable by 8 July 2022)
*Upon booking the retreat, a deposit of €150 is payable. Please note that the deposit is non-refundable if participation is cancelled or postponed by the student for whatever reason (including corona-related circumstances).
*Please note that due to Dutch tax legislation (reisbureauregeling), there is no VAT deductible.
The costs for accommodation and food are on the basis of 9 nights and full board (3 vegetarian meals per day). The following room types are available:
- € 955 shared room with 2 people
- € 1.140 single room with shared facilities (house with 3 single bedrooms and shared living room/bathroom)
- € 1.245 twin room single use (with own facilities)
- € 1.350 garden suite (luxury single 36 m2, own facilities) - FULL
The teaching fees (minus deposit) and the accommodation are payable by 30 April (Early Bird) or 8 July 2022 (Regular), depending on the chosen payment option.
Not included in the above fees are books, travel costs to-and-from the retreat centre, travel insurance (highly recommended), and local tourist tax.
Camping at the retreat location / external accommodation is not possible, unfortunately. Extra nights can be booked directly at D'Alijo Yoga Retreat Center by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, for a 40% discount on room rate, including two meals (instead of three during the events).
- Participants following The Heart Retreat & The Mind Retreat directly after each other, receive a discount of €50 per retreat.
- Students following The Basic Teacher Training, The Heart Retreat & The Mind Retreat directly after each other, receive a discount of €200 (Early Bird) / €300 (Regular).
- Students participating in the Advanced Teacher Training are eligible for a different pricing option. The pricing details can be found on our ATT pricing site.
For our cancellation policy, please read our General Terms and Conditions.
- 2 years of regular yogic practices including asana
- Have regular meditation experience of about 2 years (Shamata or Vipassana)
- A motivation letter why you want to take part in this retreat
- To be emotionally stable (see note below on Health & Well-Being)
If you are not sure about meeting these requirements but you'd like to join this retreat, please contact email@example.com with your questions or concerns.
Please read the following books prior to the retreat:
- When Things Fall Apart by Pema Chödrön
- No Mud No Lotus by Thich Nhat Hanh
- The Heart of the Buddha's Teaching by Thich Nhat Hanh
Health & Well-Being
Your current health and health background are very important to us to assess your needs and to be aware of any precautions or adaptations of the yoga practices that may be needed for you personally. The information you provide is confidential and will not be shared with others.
Please let us know by e-mail know if any of the following applies to you:
- Are you experiencing physical, mental, or emotional issues? (If so, please detail.)
- Are you currently under medical treatment or taking medications for mental or physical conditions (If so, please detail.)
- Are you currently or have you suffered in the past from depression, burnout, addiction, or any other mental health issues? (If so, please detail.)
- Please provide us with a phone number of a partner/friend/family we can contact in case of emergency.
Get a taste or prepare
Meeting the Mind - Online workshop
If you would like to get an introduction to or prepare for the retreat, or if you have joined the retreat in the past and would like to refresh the practices, we recommend joining online workshop "Meeting The Mind" on 4 June 2022 with Satya & Sahaj. Registered participants of this year's or previous retreats receive a 50% discount. To receive the voucher code, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Stay Connected with the Sangha
To stay connected with the Sva Dharma community we offer the Sva Dharma Family Gatherings. This is an exclusive event for everyone who has ever participated in a training or retreat with Satya and Sahaj. We warmly welcome you to gather, re-connect, inspire each other, practice together, share experiences, and thus find support in the Sangha (community of like-minded people).
This retreat is part of the 300-hour Advanced Teacher Training of Delight Yoga but can also be followed individually.
After booking the retreat through the below button, please notify email@example.com to arrange further details, such as the accommodation.